Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why I hate PCWorld

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is a rant, so join in if you like.

Ok, I order most of my stuff from ebuyer.com. I can get anything electrical for about 30% less than the high street. So when you need to buy something quickly (say a friend wants you to buy and install a router for him, or another friends hard-drive blows and he needs one asap), you make the mistake of buying from PCWorld.

When its time to return that badly handled piece of crap (you know that £100 hard drive that’s probably been dropped on the floor a few times, or a wireless card that just refuses to work) they just wont have it.

What they will do is offer an exchange, like-for-like.

Now, I'm one of those people who rarely pulls the "I'm smarter than you" card out, but when I tell them its a driver issue, and having to take home the same part again just wont cut it (sometimes I throw in that I have a Computer Science Masters degree for added emphasis).

Basically they have all these bloody photocopied memos around customer support about not being able to do this or that. But the simple fact is, if I buy something, and it fails to do what it claims, they will flat-out tell you to stuff it.

How can such bad customer service exist?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    PCWorld is the ultimate of fucking vermin shite.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    JsT wrote:
    PCWorld is the ultimate of fucking vermin shite.
    only seconded by AOL ¬_¬
  • Options
    they sell lan cables for £30. well they did. me and my mate couldnt believe it, we were just :|. We took it to the till to check, and it wasnt marked incorrectly. How on earth? Ebuyer -> 50p or whatever they were (they might be more expensive now)
  • Options
    I've not heard owt good about eBuyer's returns procedure.

Don't mind PC world, though. Naturally, I don't expect them to know anything useful.
    Not had the pleasure of returning anything, though.
  • Options
    phishfood wrote:
    Basically they have all these bloody photocopied memos around customer support about not being able to do this or that. But the simple fact is, if I buy something, and it fails to do what it claims, they will flat-out tell you to stuff it.

They might offer you a like-for-like swap but that's only to throw you off.

Quote them the Sale and Supply of Goods Act and laugh at the confusion on their faces. If the product is not satisfactory then they HAVE to refund your money, assuming you take it back within a reasonable (and undefined) amount of time.
  • Options
    Speak to a manager and kick up a fuss because they're more likely to 'bend the rules' rather than stick straight to a rule book. I work in the coop (lol) and it really is hopeless. If you want anything doing dont bother going to customer service because they get trained to fob you off.
  • Options
    They might offer you a like-for-like swap but that's only to throw you off.

Quote them the Sale and Supply of Goods Act and laugh at the confusion on their faces. If the product is not satisfactory then they HAVE to refund your money, assuming you take it back within a reasonable (and undefined) amount of time.

This is funny you should mention this, I quoted the "sale of goods act as amended" once and the manager just said "No!"

So I rang up head office, and finally got my money back.
  • Options
    PC world you say? :)
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    only seconded by AOL ¬_¬
    Aye.

And aren't they your ISP?
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    PC world you say? :)
    Pissy Werld you say? :p
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    Pissy Werld you say? :p

:thumb:
  • Options
    All PC World Shops should be burn to the ground with their staff in as they are useless cunts and removing them for good will make this world a bit better...
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Rich-E wrote:
    Aye.

And aren't they your ISP?
    not for much longer I hope.