Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

over the shoulder boulder holder question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a shirt. It is very low on the shoulders, like where the bumpy boney thing on the top of your shoulders are, it goes just past that, so a bra would show. I hate strapless bras but I hate no bra even more. I dont get the lift and cleavage and padding I need without one :p So any bra suggestions or am I shit out of luck and will have to struggle with a strapless if I want to wear the shirt? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Can't you get a bra with the transparent plasticky straps? They're not exactly comfortable, but they do the trick and are barely visible. You often get them as an alternative to the original straps, which you can detach.

Otherwise, I'm going to lobby for bra-less. Let your girls swing free. :p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Can't you get a bra with the transparent plasticky straps? They're not exactly comfortable, but they do the trick and are barely visible. You often get them as an alternative to the original straps, which you can detach.

Otherwise, I'm going to lobby for bra-less. Let your girls swing free. :p

What if I said the shirt is really thin :p I"ve had it for a couple months and never worn it yet I tried the just pushing the bra straps down farther but they always pop back up, the little boobies need all that padding else I look like a wall, maybe i'll bring the shirt to a store and see how the clear ones look with it. :thumb:
  • Options
    Or some stores do posh bra straps that you can put on to a strapless bra, ones that are 'made to be seen', so you can get them to match tops or sparkly diamante ones.. don't know if that helps... NewLook had some in the other week.
  • Options
    shiny plastic bra staps = :no: imo.

could you maybe buy a tight boob tube style top perhaps with some support?
  • Options
    shiny plastic bra staps = :no: imo.

could you maybe buy a tight boob tube style top perhaps with some support?

Oh yes! I forgot all about those. Perfect. (though I dont need support hahaha, oh yes)

Wait though, I've seen one but never worn one, do they squish like a sports bra?
  • Options
    er, yeah they squish unless you have boobs of steel. I'd go for the pretty straps option and just wera it as usuall.
  • Options
    I must have missed the memo that said showing bra straps are in. Thanks, but no thanks, I want to avoid that look. Bra straps are not to be seen. Ever. Especially the girls that wear the strappy shirts with bras under :yuck:
  • Options
    My see-through straps aren't shiny, transparent but not in a shiny kinda way. Works for me, anyway. :thumb:

I'm not one for "feature" bra straps either, but it could definitely look good in the right situation. I don't think a boob tube style top would necessarily flaunt your assets but it'd certainly hold everything in concealed place. Definite option.
  • Options
    Maybe I could just tape the straps of my normal bra down to the place I want them :chin: So then they don tmove.
  • Options
    i had to do that with the dress i wore for my sisters wedding, worked fine for me :) - just dont try to redo it when your pissed, it turned into a team sport in the womens toilets
  • Options
    absolutely nothing wrong with transparent straps imo - it doesnt sound like u have HUGE boobs because u are sayin you need padding (me 2) so the strap wont pull down and look like there is huge dip in ur shoulder - and my straps arent shiny....so u cant actually see them....

but the pretty strap idea is good - if you can get sum nice classy ones (not too OTT) and the strap somewhat mmatches what you are wearing!
  • Options
    I'm really skeptical about the whole showing bra strap thing though. I won't wear some fancy looking ones that are ment to be seen. Too flashdance for me really. Plus imo, bra straps are not ment to be seen. Its about as sexy and classy looking as showing your thong above your jeans :yuck:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I must have missed the memo that said showing bra straps are in.
    :lol: there should be a smiley for 'I just splattered Iron Bru on my puter'
  • Options
    beans wrote:

I want one of those for my backless top but i dont dare in case it falls off and a fleshy jelly like lump thing ends up falling out the bottom of my top making everyone think im some sort of freak with removeable boobs.
  • Options
    they are really really sticky+dont move ata ll. i got some a while back fro ethel-austin and wore them out clubbing, and they didnt move all night! you then wash them with soapy water+it renews the stickyness!!
  • Options
    they are really really sticky+dont move ata ll. i got some a while back fro ethel-austin and wore them out clubbing, and they didnt move all night! you then wash them with soapy water+it renews the stickyness!!

Excellent, so how many times can they be used?
  • Options
    im not sure to be honest, ive used mine times so far+they're still good as new. Just make sure to follow the cleaning instructions well and store them properly. Mine has plastic bits to put over them, to prevent dust etc taking up all the stickyness!