Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thoughts would you please.......

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Im just posting this on here cause i fancied some thoughts of people on here, just out of curiosity. Bear with me theres a few things on my mind.

Im off work at the moment, due to an incident last thursday which rendered my shoulder inoperable, im self certified till friday, and then im going to the doctors, and im pretty much sure that im going to be needing a sicknote for at least another week.

Thing is my arm is mobile, its just rather painful even when on painkillers, but i still cant lift anything heavy, hence not being able to work, but apart from that, when my arm is in a sling to stop me moving it about and doing anything stoopid, im fully mobile.

I went to the newcastle meet saturday just gone, and apart from having to nip to boots to get some painkillers (left mine at home), i was fine with the one arm.

Heres the question, while im not going to go out to the place i work tonight (wednesday night) cause that would just be cheeky. I was going to go to the walkabout next door, cause i know the staff and a few (student) friends are going to be in there. Ive spoken to my manager about it and hes happy as he knows the only reason i cant work is my inability to lift things with my right arm, eg: a pint glass for working the bar, so he is happy seeing me out.

Question is would it be terribly wrong me going out, bearing in mind ive left the house front door like twice since i had the accident. They dont want me working even in a ticket collecting capacity incase someone bangs into me and i sue cause it made my shoulder worse.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Erm, should be fine. Just be careful about it, and tbh, get checked out ASAP. Could be worse than you think. I mean, there is nothing wrong with going out and enjoying yourself, as long as you aren't lieing about whats wrong.

But yeah... go for it, unless you could fuck yourself up more.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh ive been to hospital and everything about it, and they said i could physically go back to work tomorrow if it wasnt for the pain, but its the inability to do my specific job which needs both arms which stops me from doing so

boss is fine with it, and im not going out dancing, just going to be sat at the bar or a table drinking coke/water
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    MrG wrote:
    oh ive been to hospital and everything about it, and they said i could physically go back to work tomorrow if it wasnt for the pain, but its the inability to do my specific job which needs both arms which stops me from doing so

boss is fine with it, and im not going out dancing, just going to be sat at the bar or a table drinking coke/water

Well, fair enough then, go for it if the Boss is fine. And as long as your fine too. Hope it gets better soon. I got a squiffy leg myself, fucked it up ages ago. It's not that bad though, so im ok.
  • Options
    Your work should be extra sympathetic and nice to you as it was whilst working for them that you were injured.
  • Options
    I'd still go out.... i got a bad back caused by lifting at work, so i was unable to lift thing (under doctors orders) but i stil went out and about as walking/sitting was not painful
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Your work should be extra sympathetic and nice to you as it was whilst working for them that you were injured.

the new boss we had in december, who is still here and has successfully got the job after his probationary period, he is mega cool
  • Options
    UPDATE:

got a sicknote till the 20th of march