Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

losing his erection

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my boyfriend loses his erection as soon as he puts on a condom, weve tried to get it back up once the condoms on but it doesnt last more than 20 seconds. hes fine without them but i dont want to do anything without using protection, im on th epill but theres issues with STIs that the pill doesnt protect you from.

has anyone else experienced this problem and what did you do to solve it because i really cant think of a way we can get round this except having unprotected sex.

Comments

• Options
    my boyfriend loses his erection as soon as he puts on a condom, weve tried to get it back up once the condoms on but it doesnt last more than 20 seconds. hes fine without them but i dont want to do anything without using protection, im on th epill but theres issues with STIs that the pill doesnt protect you from.

has anyone else experienced this problem and what did you do to solve it because i really cant think of a way we can get round this except having unprotected sex.
    You could both get tested for STDs and then stop using condoms once you both get the all clear.
  • Options
    yeah thats a good idea - exactly what i was going to say, get tested for STI's and if your clear then cut the condoms!
    good luck
  • Options
    Why not focus on getting him hard then you could put the condom on for him? Or let him open the pack while you give him a hand job to keep him hard, he is probably just nervous with the whole opening the pack and getting it on thing so if you were to keep him hard it may work.

Its worth a try anyway :thumb:
  • Options
    I've been there (errr, years ago, not for very long mind you, cos I'm a real man *beats chest*) and it can be a vicious circle. Once it's happened once or twice (for whatever reason) then it can mess with your confidence as you can't help but worry it's going to happen again and as any guy can tell you, worrying is really crap as far as being hard is concerned. Also, I disagree with Irnbru because the more fuss you make over trying to keep him hard when sorting out a condom, the more it's going to be on his mind that the problem exists in the first place and the more likely it is that he's going to fail. You're best bet is to have tomfoolery in the bed until he's ROCK SOLID and then quick as a jiffy, he puts the condom on himself (maybe he just needs practice) and in he goes. What a beautiful day.

There's also a chance that you're using the wrong sort of condoms. I mean are they too small? Of course condoms are supposed to be tight but if they're REALLY tight as in they won't even go on without physical pain then only bad can come of it.

Get thinner ones too. If you use thicker condoms then there's less feeling which is going to affect how hard he is.

But like you said, if you're going out with each other, hopefully not sleeping with anyone behind each other's backs and neither of you are needle/drug users then get a quick STD check, get the clear, pop the pill and BOOM BOOM BOOM, it's happy holidays from then on.
  • Options
    Are you putting them on properly?

There's a knack to putting condoms on, and if you don't get it quite right it can cause his little soldier to go all floppy quite quickly. I had a bit of bother like that when I was still inexperienced with condoms.

Make putting the condom on part of the foreplay- perhaps you could roll it onto him whilst you play with him. It should help to keep it hard, as he will be focusing on you playing with him, not the condom going on.

Like randomgirl says, if you trust this boy to stay monogamous, you could go and get tested for STIs so that you could ditch the rubbers. But obviously don't feel pressured into not using them if you'd rather have that extra protection.
  • Options
    Have you tried putting it on with your mouth? Can be a bit tricky and you have to be careful not to tear it or catch him, but perhaps that would help him out a little?
  • Options
    tell him to practice on his lonesome :yes:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Make putting the condom on part of the foreplay- perhaps you could roll it onto him whilst you play with him. It should help to keep it hard, as he will be focusing on you playing with him, not the condom going on.

This sounds a good idea. Could always give it a go!

If NOTHING seems to work though then its probably best getting tested. Least you'll know and will be able to have sex with no worry and no condoms!
  • Options
    Brave Dave wrote:
    I've been there (errr, years ago, not for very long mind you, cos I'm a real man *beats chest*) .

a bit unfair to suggest that someone having problems in that area isn't a real man.

why not go together and get tested for sti's/std's?
  • Options
    why not go together and get tested for sti's/std's?

yep, i'd go for this too.

I had to use condoms for a while and I absolutely hated it, it really messed me around and no matter what I tried it was never as good as when I didn't use them. It got to the point where I just couldn't be bothered to have sex anymore because it just didn't feel good - this of course led to me not getting aroused.

If this is the case for your boyfreind then I would strongly suggest getting checked out and then not using them when you get the all clear (or the no news!! :rolleyes: ). As long as neither of you is sleeping around and you're on the pill then is seems like the best choice.
  • Options
    Brave Dave wrote:
    I've been there (errr, years ago, not for very long mind you, cos I'm a real man *beats chest*) and it can be a vicious circle. Once it's happened once or twice (for whatever reason) then it can mess with your confidence as you can't help but worry it's going to happen again and as any guy can tell you, worrying is really crap as far as being hard is concerned. Also, I disagree with Irnbru because the more fuss you make over trying to keep him hard when sorting out a condom, the more it's going to be on his mind that the problem exists in the first place and the more likely it is that he's going to fail. You're best bet is to have tomfoolery in the bed until he's ROCK SOLID and then quick as a jiffy, he puts the condom on himself (maybe he just needs practice) and in he goes. What a beautiful day.

There's also a chance that you're using the wrong sort of condoms. I mean are they too small? Of course condoms are supposed to be tight but if they're REALLY tight as in they won't even go on without physical pain then only bad can come of it.

Get thinner ones too. If you use thicker condoms then there's less feeling which is going to affect how hard he is.

But like you said, if you're going out with each other, hopefully not sleeping with anyone behind each other's backs and neither of you are needle/drug users then get a quick STD check, get the clear, pop the pill and BOOM BOOM BOOM, it's happy holidays from then on.

Haha.

ITA with this entire post, some good advice.
  • Options
    Brave Dave wrote:
    I've been there (errr, years ago, not for very long mind you, cos I'm a real man *beats chest*) .
    a bit unfair to suggest that someone having problems in that area isn't a real man.
    Damn, LD, try to see the tongue-in-cheek in what I write. I was mimmicking a MACHO guy who didn't want people thinking he was less MACHO because he had a few problems down there once. It's actually embarrassing to think someone thought I wrote that line deadly seriously :(

*downs ten beers, breaks bottle over head and goes hunting*

But yeah, Briggi knows where it's at.

THREE CHEERS FOR STRONG ERECTIONS!!1! :yippe: