Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

AAiii Respec!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Following on from the thread about the old biddy and her hat, do you still give respect to people even if you dont receive it back or vice-versa?

For example police officers, bosses, old people, young people and probably some that have skipped my mind at present - All people you meet as strangers and they can either give respect or not.

Some choose to, others choose not to.
But how do you react to other people and do you find you react any differently depending on the person in question?

Using the example from the other thread: if you worked in a bar and asked someone to take their hat off and they argued the case - would you treat an old person any differently to a young person?

Comments

• Options
    well when i say i dont give someone respect, im not been disrespectful, i'll always be polite and considerate until i get pissed off at someone or something

respect in my eyes is something i have for people i either know personally, or know about them, like a celebrity or whatever
  • Options
    oh god! here we go again!
    respect=trying to see the other persons point of view....simple.....age does give people the right to moan about certain things imo.the pace of life leaves old people behind.
    i give respect to all people,but when they dont give it back....then i hit em!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    oh god! here we go again!
    respect=trying to see the other persons point of view....simple.....age does give people the right to moan about certain things imo.the pace of life leaves old people behind.
    i give respect to all people,but when they dont give it back....then i hit em!
    consideration would what i would have of someone elses view

i dont have to respect someone i meet in the street to be able to understand where they are coming from
  • Options
    I like to think I show everyone courtesy. I dont like when people say 'respect has to be earnt' like your respect is a major thing. You could be a complete tosser and in that case..why would I want you respect?