Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Breast Cysts?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Today my mum went to the hospital for a reason my parents wouldn't tell me (They say they didnt want to worry me)

So about 10 mins ago I said to my dad when my mum wern't in the room "How did today go then?" He replied, "Oh, everythings ok but your mum has a cyst and is going back to hospital at some point for a op to remove it"

I then hear shes known about it for 6 months but never thought to tell me... Wtf? My dad said it so casually and also said he thought I knew! :banghead:

The doctor said hes 90% sure its a cyst anyway, but what my question is, what actually are these cysts? Can they cause cancer or anything else thats serious?

I can't help but feel majorly worried. Is it right that I am, or am I going OTT?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    i'm sure it's nothing to be worried about seeing as your dad was fine about it :)

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000842.htm
  • Options
    Naomi_UK wrote:
    Hi,

Today my mum went to the hospital for a reason my parents wouldn't tell me (They say they didnt want to worry me)

So about 10 mins ago I said to my dad when my mum wern't in the room "How did today go then?" He replied, "Oh, everythings ok but your mum has a cyst and is going back to hospital at some point for a op to remove it"

I then hear shes known about it for 6 months but never thought to tell me... Wtf? My dad said it so casually and also said he thought I knew! :banghead:

The doctor said hes 90% sure its a cyst anyway, but what my question is, what actually are these cysts? Can they cause cancer or anything else thats serious?

I can't help but feel majorly worried. Is it right that I am, or am I going OTT?

Thanks
    My sister has had cysts and they are really nothing to worry about. She had a minor op to remove them. It hurt a bit but only for a couple of days. If she's known for six months then this is a good sign as if it were breast cancer they would have operated long ago!
  • Options
    if your dad is telling the truth, which i assume he is, then its nothing to worry about. my mum had one in each breast at one point, she said all they did was make her chest look bigger! she really noticed the difference when they were removed!
  • Options
    Thanks for you're replies :)

Its made me feel a whole lot better about the situation.