Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is Mourinho special?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
You know like, 'special'?

He actually thinks Chelsea were better than Barca. :lol:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I know, I saw the post match interview.

"Mr. Mourinho, did the better team win the tie?"

"No."

What a fucking twat. :D

I'll give him some credit though. He's achieved what I thought was impossible: he's made me want F.C. Barcelona to win a football game.
  • Options
    Special needs, maybe
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I know, I saw the post match interview.

"Mr. Mourinho, did the better team win the tie?"

"No."

What a fucking twat. :D

Next time Chelsea go crashing out of a major competition I want to see Paxman doing the post-match interview with Mourinho. :D
  • Options
    He is was speaking the truth though Barc havent beaten an 11 man chelsea team
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    He is was speaking the truth though Barc havent beaten an 11 man chelsea team

This has to be officially the worst straws. clutching. at. ever.

If Chelsea didn't get men sent off then that wouldn't be the case would it? Oh, and it was never a penalty last night, Terry dived, so the match technically should have been a defeat.

Anyway, such details are irrelevant as everyone knows a CL knockout tie is played over 2 games so single game statistics mean little.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    You know like, 'special'?

Have you been listening to that song about him or something?
    He actually thinks Chelsea were better than Barca. :lol:

He, of course, wouldn't be saying the same thing if he was the Barca manager, would he? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Have you been listening to that song about him or something?

No, not yet... :chin:

Wasn't aware there was a song, just thought he was turning a bit 'special'.

He, of course, wouldn't be saying the same thing if he was the Barca manager, would he? :rolleyes:

Or if he was anyone who has functioning eyes.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    No, not yet... :chin:

Wasn't aware there was a song, just thought he was turning a bit 'special'.

LOL The song is terrible though.
  • Options
    *Limewires Mourinho*
  • Options
    Does anyone in the world actually like Jose Mourinho?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Does anyone in the world actually like Jose Mourinho?
    Yes: Jose Mourinho.
  • Options
    He's worshipped in Portugal.

Something ridiculous like 4000 people ruined their presidential election voting slips by putting Mourinho as their option.

I used to like him, but our relationship soon soured. His stupidly expensive team doesn't even play good football, which is the ultimate insult.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Yes: Jose Mourinho.

:lol: I personally don't like him and never have done.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    He's worshipped in Portugal.

Something ridiculous like 4000 people ruined their presidential election voting slips by putting Mourinho as their option.

I used to like him, but our relationship soon soured. His stupidly expensive team doesn't even play good football, which is the ultimate insult.

doesnt matter how good the football is that your team plays, especially if you win
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    doesnt matter how good the football is that your team plays, especially if you win

Psssssh, of course it matters.

If I was paying several grand for a season ticket I'd certainly want to see good football.

This is what separates Chelsea from clubs like Barcelona. Barca actually care about the football they play, and would never play in a Chelsea style. Come on, Chelsea practically bore the opposition into submission in some games. For Chelsea (and Liverpool) it's not about trying to go out and win the game, it's about waiting for your opponent to lose the game. Efficient? Yes. Entertaining? Hardly.
  • Options
    yes but as much as you want to see good football, the money is only there if they win, no matter how they do
  • Options
    The money's there for Chelsea for the forseeable future. I can understand Liverpool playing the shitty football they do because they live within their means. Their team lacks talent so they make up for this by a change in style. I just think that Chelsea with all their millions should play more positive football. It has cost them dear this year again, as it did last year.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Psssssh, of course it matters.

If I was paying several grand for a season ticket I'd certainly want to see good football.

This is what separates Chelsea from clubs like Barcelona. Barca actually care about the football they play, and would never play in a Chelsea style. Come on, Chelsea practically bore the opposition into submission in some games. For Chelsea (and Liverpool) it's not about trying to go out and win the game, it's about waiting for your opponent to lose the game. Efficient? Yes. Entertaining? Hardly.
    Yep.

I was reading an article in the Guardian the other day about this, how the reporter had spoken with many season ticket holders who despite Chelsea's first league trophy in 50 years with another one on the way said they've been very unsatisified with the team during the last year or so.

I guess young people care a little less. The older the fan, I'd imagine, the more importance they put on actual play.

I've seen Real Madrid win games 2-0 during league-winning seasons and be booed off the pitch by irate fans. :D
  • Options
    All credit to Mourinho though, he's managed to do in six months what it took Ferguson ten years to do, and that's make every football lover in the country despise him and his team.

An interesting point raised by the Grauniad, too: all Chelsea's best players were Ranieri buys- Gudjohnsen, Geremi, Makelele, Duff, Cole, Robben, Lampard...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'll give him some credit though. He's achieved what I thought was impossible: he's made me want F.C. Barcelona to win a football game.

*speechless*

:eek:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    All credit to Mourinho though, he's managed to do in six months what it took Ferguson ten years to do, and that's make every football lover in the country despise him and his team.

We, at least, always played good football throughout our championship winning days. We were and still are associated with positive, attacking play.

An interesting point raised by the Grauniad, too: all Chelsea's best players were Ranieri buys- Gudjohnsen, Geremi, Makelele, Duff, Cole, Robben, Lampard...

They should bring Ranieri back. He got it so tight from the Chelsea board. Noone hated him either.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    We, at least, always played good football throughout our championship winning days. We were and still are associated with positive, attacking play.

Exactly.

And, ABU as I am, watching ManYoo was something else. I won't ever forget that volley that Scholes scored against us, for instance.

Chelsea are just a bit too efficient. They collect the trophies domestically, but you need someone who can do something on the European stage.
    They should bring Ranieri back. He got it so tight from the Chelsea board. Noone hated him either.

They played good football, and he was a good guy who didn't whinge when they lost, and didn't blame everyone else when they lost.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Terry dived, so the match technically should have been a defeat.
    It wasn't a penalty but you must have being watching a different match if you class that as a dive :confused: He swung his boot at the ball, the guy got his foot in for the challenge and Terry kicked him cos his leg was in the way of the ball which would make most people fall over. Certainly wasn't a dive but it wasn't a penalty either.

I Like Mourinho, like his cockyness, like his interviews, like his excuses, like his arrogance, brings something different something a bit entertaining to the English game IMO.
  • Options
    It wasn't a penalty but you must have being watching a different match if you class that as a dive :confused: He swung his boot at the ball, the guy got his foot in for the challenge and Terry kicked him cos his leg was in the way of the ball which would make most people fall over. Certainly wasn't a dive but it wasn't a penalty either.

I only saw a slow motion replay and it looked like Terry made a meal of it just. Maybe not a dive, but certainly not a penalty. The referee undeservedly saved Chelsea some face with that decision. They were comprehensively beaten.

I Like Mourinho, like his cockyness, like his interviews, like his excuses, like his arrogance, brings something different something a bit entertaining to the English game IMO.

Bit boring now though. It was a breath of fresh air, but now he's been here a while, he's just become arrogant and a bit tedious. It's ok being confident but the way he totally disrespects his opposition sometimes is disgusting. Ask West Brom. I also don't think he's half the manager he's made out to be, it's all hyperbole.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Paulo Ferria is very underated and He was a Mourinho. :yes: :yes:
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I only saw a slow motion replay and it looked like Terry made a meal of it just. Maybe not a dive, but certainly not a penalty. The referee undeservedly saved Chelsea some face with that decision. They were comprehensively beaten.
    I agree it was definately not a penalty but it was definately not a dive and he definately didn't make a meal of it, his kicking foot came to a grounded stop when it connected with the defenders leg which sent him tumbling. It was no more than a good challenge where Terry ended up on the deck.
  • Options
    I don't think Terry dived, but it was a shocking decision by the referee.

I didn't see Jose whingeing about referees then, that's for damn certain.

I don't actually think he is all that hot a manager. I could win the Premiershit after spending £150m.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I think he would have being right to criticise the ref IMO, obviously not for the penalty but fuck me that must have being the worst ref I've seen in a long time. It wasn't that he got some big decisions wrong but he was stopping the play for nothing, stop start all through the game and I personally feel he spoiled what could've being a very good game. Maybe he went about it that way because of all the hype surrounding the game but it seemed to me another case of the ref not having a clue about actually playing the game of football, he was giving free-kicks for 2 players fairly challenging for a header and both missing it, he must have just had a 50-50 guess as to who to give the foul to.

I'm not saying he was biased either, he was equally as shit for both teams.

This was highlighted to me last night watching the middlesborough game where the ref let little niggles go, looked for advantage all the time and let the game flow freely, and it wasn't a bad game to watch.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't think Terry dived, but it was a shocking decision by the referee.

I don't actually think he is all that hot a manager. I could win the Premiershit after spending £150m.
    Try £400m.