Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anonymous Confessions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I was reading another forum tonight, and clicked on a link someone had posted to a site where people just post anonymous confessions, for things such as greed, gluttony, lust, anger etc.

Not Proud.

So my question's this, would you ever post a confession about something that has been plaguing your mind? Given the anonymity of the site there, would you feel better having gotten something out of your system like so many others?

For me i'm not so sure, I find it easier just to talk to my close friends about things, if i've got a confession I might just tell someone in confidence, if I had the guts to anyway. I dunno. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    if i felt i HAD to tell someone something then i'd confide in one of my best friends as i trust them with my life.

otherwise i'd just keep it to myself.

and no, i wouldn't post my confession/secret on the internet. i'm sure there'd be ways for it to be traced back to me. :nervous:

anyway i don't really have anything that top secret!
  • Options
    I dont have anyone to tell things to, so I might do.
  • Options
    sounds the same as grouphug to me
  • Options
    Those things are never really juicy enough, most of the 'confessions' I've read are things that wouldn't be secret if I'd done them. Maybe I've been such a 'bad' girl that I'm blase about it, or I don't have enough shame... lol
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Violette wrote:
    i did one :blush:
    You could do millions :p
  • Options
    if were ever to confess something it'd be out in the open otherwise I would deal with it myself. No point in owning up to something unless people know you are owning up to it.
  • Options
    I enjoy playing with a cucumber whilst wearing ladies clothing, having cats walking around the room, and a parrot on my shoulder.

Oh wait! This isn't anonymous!

No point confessing to someone meaningless. Achieves nothing. If you've done something you're not proud of, then either keep it to yourself or confess your sins to the person you've hurt.