Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

worrying about nothing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im probably worrying about nothing but the people on here tend to give nice supportive answers so i thought id see what you say....

My boyfriend moved to wales on the 25th of feb and before he went we had sex twice on the 20th and the 23th. Both times we took all the precautions and used a condom.

I was due my period on the 27th of feb but didnt come on, and still havent. I spoke to my bf last night and he said he didnt think the condom split but you never know, so to leave it a few days and then perhaps go down to the doctors...

anyone got any advice cos its really getting to me...
thanks

Comments

• Options
    Do you usually have regular periods?
  • Options
    Is it worth going and getting a pregnancy test to put your mind at rest?
  • Options
    i think you'd know if the condom had split when he pulled out, wouldn't you??

your period is probably a little late, stressed out about anything?
  • Options
    Is it worth going and getting a pregnancy test to put your mind at rest?

I would suggest that. It's always a bugger though when you spend nearly a tenner on them and you come on the next day :impissed:
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I would suggest that. It's always a bugger though when you spend nearly a tenner on them and you come on the next day :impissed:

Yeah I guess. If there is a family planning clinic open near by wont they do you one for free?
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

Yep, that's exactly what happened to me... I walked into the bathroom to take the test and there was my period!
  • Options
    How regular are you normally? A lot of people don't have a regular 28-day cycle unless they take pills.

It's only a few days, if in a few days you haven't come on go to the doctors and get a test done. Chemists use the same tests, but they cost money.
  • Options
    my cycle is 32 days and i normally come on the same time too - very regular. Yeah that made me laugh i have bought one before and then wasted my money cos come on the next day :impissed: !! I am extrmely upset about boyfriend moving to wales could be something to do with that. Always stressed about work at college.
    thanks for the advice
  • Options
    Stress and emotional upset can cause delays to periods. Its unlikely that you are pregnant if you used condoms and your boyfriend doesnt think that the condom split but if you are worrying about it go down your local FPA or buy a pregnancy test. Its better to put your mind at ease than worry worry worry about it hey.

Hope it works out.
  • Options
    I very much doubt its anything to worry about :yes:

Wait a little while and if you haven't come on, then you could get the test to put your mind at rest.
  • Options
    I came on today everyone, thanks loads for the advice!!