Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Planet Earth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone else catch this last night?

Fantastic!! Some of the photography and stuff was amazing. One of the first shots when they zoomed out from that single bird to the huge flock. Must have been thousands of birds!!

And how high did that shark jump out the water!! Feck me.

All in all a great piece of TV and the next three programs should be good.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else catch this last night?

Fantastic!! Some of the photography and stuff was amazing. One of the first shots when they zoomed out from that single bird to the huge flock. Must have been thousands of birds!!

That was phenomenal. The Birds of Paradise fascinated me, so strange and beautiful. The little mating ritual dance was hilarious, and the female so deeply unimpressed.

I got a bit upset about the baby elephant who started following the tracks in the wrong direction, though. Oh, and the baby whateveritwas that got seperated from the pack - it made a valiant attempt at getting away, though.

I'm entirely too soft for animal natural programmes, I really enjoyed it but it was an effort to sit through - "nature red in tooth and claw" covers it well. ;)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I got a bit upset about the baby elephant who started following the tracks in the wrong direction, though.

Snap!! I was shouting at the telly telling him to turn round.
  • Options
    The BBC may have it's critics but the factual stuff they do is second to none.
  • Options
    As per normal the BBC totally pisses on all other wildlife photographers, amazing.
  • Options
    It was quite stunning :cool:

The super-slow footage of the shark and the hunting dogs at work were fantastic.

Great photography all-round. Makes you want to go out and buy the biggest high definition widescreen TV in the shop.
  • Options
    I didn't even realise it was on last night, just happened to switch it on at 9. Was really good! That shark was cool altho I felt sorry for the poor wee seals.

I was nearly crying over that poor elephant going the wrong way :crying:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I forgot it was on and only caught the last 10 minutes. That alone was stunning, with the helicopter camera thing.

Have already set the video for the repeat on Saturday :D
  • Options
    Have already set the video for the repeat on Saturday :D

6:30pm BBC2

Oh and The Breakfast Club is on 11:40pm on BBC1 that night. :)
  • Options
    Meh, wish i'd watched this! Have to make a note to definitely watch the next one.
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    Meh, wish i'd watched this! Have to make a note to definitely watch the next one.

Or watch the repeat at 6:30pm on BBC2 Saturday night. :)