Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Not heard back?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok 2 weeks ago I had an assesment day at chessington world of adventures for ride host. I felt the assesment day had gone well and I have alot of experience with children.

I was told I would hear by friday (14 days after weather I had it or not) and I didnt so I called them about 2. They said they would get back to me that day. They never did. Should I call them on monday or am I going to seem pushy and impatient.

I so want this job im going to be gutted if I dont have it! :crying:

So yeah do I call or dont I?

Comments

• Options
    yes, cant hurt to call. they told you they would call you but they didnt. sounds a bit unprofessional of them to me. Good luck with getting the job btw :D
  • Options
    I would call them, good luck and let us know what happens.
  • Options
    Im so scared to call them! I dont know what to say either. Friday when I called I explained the situation to the girl in HR and she just said she would chase the department up and someone would get back to me today (friday)

Should I give them like this morning to call and then call mid-afternoon or even leave it till tomurow?
  • Options
    Im so scared to call them! I dont know what to say either. Friday when I called I explained the situation to the girl in HR and she just said she would chase the department up and someone would get back to me today (friday)

Should I give them like this morning to call and then call mid-afternoon or even leave it till tomurow?

If they said they'd call today, then i'd phone tomorrow. You don't wanna pressure them even though i know you said they were meant to phone you before. You don't know how busy they are.
  • Options
    Yeah thats exactly why im wary of calling ... I dont want to seem a pushy so and so.

I really want to know a) because this is a dream job of mine. b) because I need to start looking elsewhere otherwise!
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post :(

I didnt get the job. They have run out of spaces. Cant help but think if i had gone two weeks earlier on my original day I would have the job :(

The woman says my application is on stand by as I shined in the interview and they wanted to give me a job :( think that just sucks even more in my eyes!

Thanks to those that said call.
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post :(

I didnt get the job. They have run out of spaces. Cant help but think if i had gone two weeks earlier on my original day I would have the job :(

The woman says my application is on stand by as I shined in the interview and they wanted to give me a job :( think that just sucks even more in my eyes!

Thanks to those that said call.

aww really sorry to hear that *big hug* I am sure you will be lucky next time, keep trying and don't give up hope.
  • Options
    I'd call them. If they said their'd let you know either way, and say their'd phone by a certon date/time then it THEIR job to do so. Hope you get it.

It really makes me angry when companies say they will let you know but dont. It seems to me the bigger the company the less likely they are phone or write a letter.

I went for a job at IBM years ago, and got the same thing. I phoned them every two days for about a month and half. I knew i didn't have the job, but i did it to prove a point, but even at the end of that they still keep telling me they haven't decided.
  • Options
    i'd be a bit tempted not to complain if they might employ her in the future...
  • Options
    As a general rule if they're not busting a gut to ring you you can assume that your application was not successful.

Most HR departments are very busy, and there simply isn't the time to give everyone detailed feedback.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    As a general rule if they're not busting a gut to ring you you can assume that your application was not successful.

Most HR departments are very busy, and there simply isn't the time to give everyone detailed feedback.

and it saves them money on manpwer and physical bill cost by not getting back to you
  • Options
    Yeah the amusing part was they then rung me four days later to tell me exactly the same as what the woman i originally spoke to said.

At least the first woman was a tad polieter about it.