Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hotmail & outlook help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could anyone tell me how to set up outlook so that it recieves hotmail?

This could quite possibly sound like a stupid question but i cant do it

Currently im in the window which is asking me to select the type of server that i want my email account to work with

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
  • Options
    You can't access hotmail over outlook via HTTP any more. You need to have POP access, and for that you need to pay money to hotmail for a full account.

My suggestion (if you haven't already paid) - get a gmail account, they allow free POP access that will work fine with outlook. I used to use hotmail until they decided not to let me access my emails via outlook anymore.
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options
    You can't access hotmail over outlook via HTTP any more. You need to have POP access, and for that you need to pay money to hotmail for a full account.

My suggestion (if you haven't already paid) - get a gmail account, they allow free POP access that will work fine with outlook. I used to use hotmail until they decided not to let me access my emails via outlook anymore.
    lies. I use hotmail and outlook quite happily without a paid account.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    lies. I use hotmail and outlook quite happily without a paid account.

So does my boyfriend.