Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Antibiotics and Drugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are they safe to mix? In particular LSD and rosewood seeds.

Comments

• Options
    i'd say LSD would be ok to take, not too sure about stimulants though
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    If you are not well to the extent you are taking anti biotics, then I strongly believe you are setting yourself up for a very ordinary experience drug wise, and prolonging you unwellness. Give your body a chance to recover! Interaction wise, though, it is unlikely (but not impossible) there will be a reaction.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I strongly believe you are setting yourself up for a very ordinary experience .
    :confused: :chin: :eek2:
  • Options
    As I understand it, tripping is all about set and setting. If you are concerned about interactions, your head won't be in the right space to be relaxed and accepting of the experience, because you will have assumptions about what might happen. Am I wrong?
  • Options
    It's never a good idea to mix antibiotics with any drugs especially alcohol because it makes the antibiotics not work as well and sometimes not at all. Im sure this is the case with most drugs. You may be setting yourself up for getting even sicker.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    As I understand it, tripping is all about set and setting. If you are concerned about interactions, your head won't be in the right space to be relaxed and accepting of the experience, because you will have assumptions about what might happen. Am I wrong?
    with all respect LJ ...i haven't a bloody clue what yoos on about.
    setting yourself up for a noraml experience means what exatly?
    yes tripping can be bad news if the settings mood aint right ...but what does that havre to do with normal?
    bad trip aint normal it's bad ...soooo ...i'm not sure what your on abpout.
  • Options
    with all respect LJ ...i haven't a bloody clue what yoos on about.
    setting yourself up for a noraml experience means what exatly?
    yes tripping can be bad news if the settings mood aint right ...but what does that havre to do with normal?
    bad trip aint normal it's bad ...soooo ...i'm not sure what your on abpout.

Oh rolly, there I was thinking it was all crystal... If you have any doubts about yr atate of mind going in to a trip, sooner or later during that trip, your doubts will manifest somehow.

So if you are taking antibiotics, you could attribute any feelings of wierdness to the fact you were on antibiotics, and instead of letting it pass, you could start obsessing about it and what it was doing ot your body, and end up in quite a nasty place. I accept it could happen anyways, but if you aren't feeling well, what is the point in pushing it?
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I accept it could happen anyways, but if you aren't feeling well, what is the point in pushing it?

I definetly agree with you there. If you arent feeling well if the first place.... then how are you going to feel on the comedown on something??? most likely a hundred times worse.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Oh rolly, there I was thinking it was all crystal... If you have any doubts about yr atate of mind going in to a trip, sooner or later during that trip, your doubts will manifest somehow.

So if you are taking antibiotics, you could attribute any feelings of wierdness to the fact you were on antibiotics, and instead of letting it pass, you could start obsessing about it and what it was doing ot your body, and end up in quite a nasty place. I accept it could happen anyways, but if you aren't feeling well, what is the point in pushing it?
    well why didn't you say! :thumb:
    still doesn't exuse you saying ...'your setting yourself up for a normal experience' does oit ...
  • Options
    Well it all depends on what you define as ordinary Rolly my dear! You forget your defalt position is one gained by hard experience. Perhaps you know when you aren't in the right headspace to take whatever, but the majority of our users arent. If you are anxious about anything, would you trip?
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    , . If you are anxious about anything, would you trip?
    not a chance.
    i understand where your coming from now ...eventualy.
    i am a wee bit intoxicated but ...you have to adnmit ...telling someone they are setting themselves up for a normal experience wasn't very clear now was it ...
  • Options
    well if I didn't think it was clear, would I have posted it in the first place? I'm not like you rolly ;)
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    well if I didn't think it was clear, would I have posted it in the first place? I'm not like you rolly ;)
    i demad a vote!
    did it make sense to anyone else?
  • Options
    well I can't say I I'm really comfortable with anyonewho ignores Blagsta, but anyway, vote away...
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    well I can't say I I'm really comfortable with anyonewith anyone who ignores Blagsta, ...
    do i sense ...'tired' here?
    blagsta aye ...so full of potential ...yet so lacking in ability to communicate.
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    I do notice your sig has suddenly morphed to my favorite Leonard Cohen lyric though Rolly... :D vast improvement on the last one.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I do notice your sig has suddenly morphed to my favorite Leonard Cohen lyric though Rolly... :D vast improvement on the last one.
    :heart:
    i have to go fall over now ...gnight.
  • Options
    well to conclude, i've gone thru half a bottle of sambuca, a few beers and coupl eof beans (sharks). A little different from usual, everything seems a lot calmer, but apart from that its all good
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    well to conclude, i've gone thru half a bottle of sambuca, a few beers and coupl eof beans (sharks). A little different from usual, everything seems a lot calmer, but apart from that its all good
    what wass rgtihs thread about anyway>/?
  • Options
    init
  • Options
    what wass rgtihs thread about anyway>/?

When I read this I said to myself "...that's a good question..." *scroll to top of page*

"Ah, yes! that's right, that's right"

In the end I didn't even give a damn about the topic at hand, but a good read nonetheless. Rolly, you and LadyJade should spat more often...it's quality entertainment :lol:
  • Options
    Rolly, you and LadyJade should spat more often...it's quality entertainment :lol:
    don't tell anyone but i reckon she was on the juice last night.
  • Options
    don't tell anyone but i reckon she was on the juice last night.

LOL.... I had a very similar conclusion in my head.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:

Good luck recovering from your illness.