Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can someone be

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sacked for gross misconduct (racial abuse) with only the word of another person or other people but no other proof? :grump:

Comments

• Options
    I'd say "it depends", but regardless they should have an interview with a third party present to discuss it and an appeals process. (Obviously depending on contract). If the person then feels as though they have been victimised then depending on length of service I guess they could sue for unfair dismissal. You'd have to check with ACAS or similar.
  • Options
    They tend to take that sorta thing very seriously, they dont wanna be seen as a racist company. As mist said, you can always appeal. What happened?
  • Options
    Yeah so any black person can scream racist and get someone fired for not doing anything. It fucking stinks. Talk about going to far the other way.

Its not me btw.
  • Options
    If the grounds are dodgy or unprovable then appeal and / or sue.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Yeah so any black person can scream racist and get someone fired for not doing anything. It fucking stinks. Talk about going to far the other way.

Its not me btw.
    Know exactly what you mean darling :yes:

Political correctness gone mad
  • Options
    How about FUCK RIGHT OFF! How often does a "black person...scream racist and get someone fired for not doing anything." anywhere except for in your imagination?
  • Options
    well if he gets sacked shes done exactly that. It does happen you know
  • Options
    If he does then that's one example. Just becasue women have made false claims of sexual harrasment, we don't suggest that sexual harrasment laws are "political correctness gone mad". So yeah- I still think you should FUCK OFF with your racist bullshit!
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    If he does then that's one example. Just becasue women have made false claims of sexual harrasment, we don't suggest that sexual harrasment laws are "political correctness gone mad".

Quite.

Topic? They can be sacked, they may not be. Depends on the circumstances, policy etc. Not too sure what'll happen, to be honest.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    How about FUCK RIGHT OFF! How often does a "black person...scream racist and get someone fired for not doing anything." anywhere except for in your imagination?

It happens often enough, don't be so naive as to think it doesn't happen.

If someone screams racist, they are always believed ahead of the other person. Because no company wants to be found racist, they hang people out to dry.

That's how life is. It happens enough. Too many people will cry race because they know they can get someone they don't like sacked.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    If he does then that's one example. Just becasue women have made false claims of sexual harrasment, we don't suggest that sexual harrasment laws are "political correctness gone mad". So yeah- I still think you should FUCK OFF with your racist bullshit!

I'm not racist thankyou.
    Are you really that thick that you wear rose tinted glasses?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

If someone screams racist, they are always believed ahead of the other person. Because no company wants to be found racist, they hang people out to dry.

That's how life is. It happens enough. Too many people will cry race because they know they can get someone they don't like sacked.

Exactly. Perhaps some people live with thier heads in the clouds.
  • Options
    Do you have any reason to believe or evidence that black's false claims of racism in the workplace are disprortionate to the amount of false claims made in other workplace rights complaints, baring in mind the rising amount of racism in the workplace?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Do you have any reason to believe or evidence that black's false claims of racism in the workplace are disprortionate to the amount of false claims made in other workplace rights complaints, baring in mind the rising amount of racism in the workplace?

So do you believe that someone should be sacked without proof then, as this thread was about?
  • Options
    Nope, someone shouldn't be sacked without proof of having done anything, racist comment or whatever...
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Nope, someone shouldn't be sacked without proof of having done anything, racist comment or whatever...

So whats your problem?
  • Options
    the suggestion that ant-discrimination laws were 'pc gone mad' got my knickers in a twist, note above swearing etc (quite out of character!).

In my head, the bigger issue is that if employers&employees believe that black workers are likely to make false claims of racism that leads to disciplinary (sp?) action then blacks will find it even harder than they already do to get jobs in the first place- understandable as who wnts to employ someone who's 'likely' to casue hassle... Therefore my main gripe isn't against your above example of someone blatently taking the piss out of laws that are designed to protect poeple and encourage fairness, more against the ingrained mindset that hiring blacks=trouble etc.

Please accept my grovelling apoloy for swearing at you and calling you racist.
  • Options
    Ok no problem, i would like to clarify though that i don't think all black people would stoop that low at all. There are many decent black and white people. I do feel though that a select few do take the piss outta the way employers are so scared of seeming racist that they go too much the other way.
    Yes white people do things wrong too but thats not what i was ranting/talking about.
  • Options
    From experience-employers can be as biased agaist you as they want, but so long as they follow correct disaplinary procedures, you aint got a chance

You are entitled to appeal, and if you dont agree with that outcome you can take it to a tribunal.

I was sacked for gross misconduct. I beleived it to be unfair, as 2 witness statements said i didnt do it(one kept changing his mind so they didnt use his statement), and a bunch of other 'disaplinaries' on my file just showed the management themselves had been harrassing me. I beleive they wanted to get rid of me and saw a chance.

I appealed immediately with support from a Union rep and our store union rep but it didnt work.
    The Union rep was very keen to take it further to an employment tribual, she too beleived it to be unfair dissmissal.
    I had a meeting with an associate from the solicitors that the Union use's, but she didnt thing the case was going to be strong enough.
    Why?
    BECAUSE THE COMPANY HAD CORRECTLY FOLLOWED DISAPLINARY PROCEDURES
    I actually said to her straight ' so they can lie, harrass and treat me unfairly and i cant do a thing about it?They've probably done it on purpose, planned the whole thing'- all she said was 'yes, i know. sorry'.

Theyre fuckers, and people go into their stores everyday doing there weekly shop!
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    From experience-employers can be as biased agaist you as they want, but so long as they follow correct disaplinary procedures, you aint got a chance

You are entitled to appeal, and if you dont agree with that outcome you can take it to a tribunal.

I was sacked for gross misconduct. I beleived it to be unfair, as 2 witness statements said i didnt do it(one kept changing his mind so they didnt use his statement), and a bunch of other 'disaplinaries' on my file just showed the management themselves had been harrassing me. I beleive they wanted to get rid of me and saw a chance.

I appealed immediately with support from a Union rep and our store union rep but it didnt work.
    The Union rep was very keen to take it further to an employment tribual, she too beleived it to be unfair dissmissal.
    I had a meeting with an associate from the solicitors that the Union use's, but she didnt thing the case was going to be strong enough.
    Why?
    BECAUSE THE COMPANY HAD CORRECTLY FOLLOWED DISAPLINARY PROCEDURES
    I actually said to her straight ' so they can lie, harrass and treat me unfairly and i cant do a thing about it?They've probably done it on purpose, planned the whole thing'- all she said was 'yes, i know. sorry'.

Theyre fuckers, and people go into their stores everyday doing there weekly shop!

Hmm wasn't asda was it?
  • Options
    sainsburys
  • Options
    oh ok lol
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    sainsburys

hmm i know.... they do have the habit of behaving rather badly to some people.... i was lucky to of got a transfer to another store as the previous store were trying their utmost to get me fired through any means necessary due to gettin on the wrong side of a manager
  • Options
    Good for you, they'd have got you somehow otherwise.

I think most people think ive exaggerated or over-reacted when i try to explain what they did. Its not on.