Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Big bum issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am a boy with a big bum and I have a little brother who takes great, cruel joy in letting me know this. One particular example was last Summer, when it was a hot day. I went to Great Yarmouth in Norfolk for the day, I wore my shorts and t-shirt. Because I am podgy, those shorts are a little bit tighter than I remember. I was walking through the town with my little brother who was walking behind me. He started laughing and saying - "You've got a big fat bum!" out loud continuously. He then kept charging at me and pulling at my shorts. I have never felt so embarrassed and self-conscious in my whole life. I wanted the ground to swallow me up. :blush:

Have you had anything similar happen to you like that? I'm a newbie here and I'm curious to know so I can live in the belief that I am not alone in this issue.

Comments

• Options
    Don't be shy! What's the most embarrassing thing that happened to you?
  • Options
    Someone said my new haircut looked like a boys :lol:

(See my other thread on what haircut to get...will not be making any mistakes this time)
  • Options
    Siblings do that. I call my sister Andre the giant and she tells me I have ski feet and so forth, dont take it so personally.

If it really bothers you, go to a gym or walk or something, if it doesn't, buy some other shorts and give back some brotherly love ;)
  • Options
    You should've sat on him.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, how old is he?

I agree you should've sat on him, use your lard-arse to your own advantage. ;):p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Out of curiosity, how old is he?

I agree you should've sat on him, use your lard-arse to your own advantage. ;):p

Good question, I hope nobody over like 10 would be pulling at a siblings shorts in the buttel area, else they need some counsling.
  • Options
    He is 7. A lard-arse certainly has its advantages..
  • Options
    I don't take it personally anymore, myname I hate you too, I'm immune to it now.
  • Options
    I think that's just brothers for you. My brother calls me fatty every time he comes into the room and hes 20 :/ dont think they ever grow up
  • Options
    I once had my kacks pulled down in an airport and once in this water park in Portugal, I don't have a big one though.
  • Options
    I don't have a big one though.
    so i've heard :razz:
  • Options
    ignore him.

i used to tell my sister she was ugly all the time! she's not, i was just jealous of her.
  • Options
    I think that's just brothers for you. My brother calls me fatty every time he comes into the room and hes 20 :/ dont think they ever grow up

:chin: my brother calls me fat too, weirdo. The old slaphead insult was much more effective as it had at least a shred of truth in it!
  • Options
    I don't take it personally anymore, myname I hate you too, I'm immune to it now.

Well that was awfully random now wasn't it...
  • Options

you cant be fat, its impossible, you are like 4ft 2 or something silly like that
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    you cant be fat, its impossible, you are like 4ft 2 or something silly like that

Short doesn't mean you can't be fat. :confused:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

I am living proof. :yes:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    True true. Quite a few short people look fat coz they dont carry it well with their height.
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    I am living proof. :yes:

Is somebody here lying? Did I just hear a lie? I think I did :p
  • Options
    hey feel bad for you but sometimes our siblings (and parents for that matter) don't realise how their wise cracks can have an effect on us. However, it might be that you are sensitive to the comments because you have worries about your size - if you have, do something about it now - sometimes, as hurtful as it is, its a comment like that that will set you on mission to make some life changes.