Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sleep walking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
any of you do it?!!

ive done it twice within the last week :blush:

the first time was on wednesday, and i 'apparently' got out of bed, went into the corridor and proceeded to slam on my flatmates door repeatedly before going back into my room..
for some reason he didnt think it wise to open the door to see who it was, but apparently he heard my door opening and closing so it must have been me!!
i am SOOO thankful that he didnt open his door either!! lately its been so hot in my room that ive been sleeping in just my knickers - so he would have been in for a bit of a suprise!!

the second time was on thursday :rolleyes: so 2 nights in a roll basically!! this time i learnt from what happened before and actually wore pajamas to go to bed!! and its a good thing i did because again, i went out into the corridor, banged on flatmates door. this time however he actually got up!! apparently (although i have no recollection of this whatsoever) i asked to use his toilet, and then before he could even answer i said he was horrible and turned round and went back to my room :eek2:

lol im so strange.. i hope i dont do it again!! its been one of my worst nightmares since coming to uni that this would happen.. and now it has!! back home i have actually been known to unlock the front door and walk down the street (luckily my dad caught me lol!) so hopefully i wont do anything like that here!!

any of you have any sleep walking experiences? :D

Comments

• Options
    I used to when I was younger, nearly walked out the front door.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The closest I've ever been to sleepwalking (to my knowledge, of course) was to laugh in my sleep, loud enough that my mum heard through the wall.
  • Options
    My sister once claimed that I went down the stairs to fetch some socks, which I find hard to believe. I had no memory of it at all. Besides, she's not very trustworthy - so, who knows?
  • Options
    the worst time for me was when i was in florida

we were staying in a disney resort (wilderness lodge or something) and we had a cabin.

i sleepwalked out of the cabin (locking myself out in the process) and walked down the road for a bit. i then woke up while i was outside and proceeded to panic. went back to the cabin and slammed on the door until my dad woke up and let me in :rolleyes:

that was scary. i just remember waking up to find myself in the dark in a strange place and i was terrified!! thank god my dad woke up... and thank god it was somewhere 'safe' (security patrolled) instead of some normal hotel!
  • Options
    i used to when i was little, i either went into my sisters room and spoke random crap to her and then went into my parents room and moaned about my sister, or i went to the kitchen and emptied the fridge and cupboards..
  • Options
    I don't think I've slept walked, but I aparently suddenly sit up with my eyes wide open and then sink back down onto my pillow. :confused: Scared my sister when we shared a room.
    I also talk in my sleep sometimes... and once when I was little my mum came to tuck me in and I started hugging her and wouldn't let her go. :D

Funniest thing that's happened was when I woke myself up saying a line from the little mermaid 'pucker up your lips like dis' ... with french accent and all. Started laughing after that. Bit strange. (And it was last year... not seen that cartoon for years and years... very bizzar!)

Woken up crying a few times too :(
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I never have never sleep walked. I used to sleep talk a lot. Don't think I have done it for a while though. My brother used to sleep walk a lot. He once woke himself up when he sleep walked (what is it in the past tense?!?) downstairs and put the light on. He gave himself quite a shock!
  • Options
    Any way you can lock your door and hide your key away somewhere so when you are asleep you might forget?
  • Options
    I've never sleep walked or talked in my sleep. I used to throw up in my sleep though. Thankfully, that's something I've grown out of doing...
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Any way you can lock your door and hide your key away somewhere so when you are asleep you might forget?

lol i tried that!! but somehow i manage to find it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote:
    I don't think I've slept walked, but I aparently suddenly sit up with my eyes wide open and then sink back down onto my pillow.
    Ooh, that reminds me of a funny story...
    Once, on a ship, I was sharing a room at night with another guy, S, and 3 girls (Y, P and E). There were 4 beds, I was on the lower one on one side and above me were S and Y talking (none of us three could sleep, though I was trying to). On the other side, there was P on the lower bed and E on the upper one.
    Suddenly, I saw E prop herself up on her elbows and say something like "Ughsfsds". Y and S stopped talking, and then E said "You fool, they're looking for ours!" and fell back on the pillow.
    The next day, and before we told her what had happened, E said she had a dream about Y being interrogated by a cop! :D
  • Options
    when i used to share a room with my sister, i was just drifting off to sleep when my sister sat bolt right up in bed and 'shouted' "I DONT WANT TO BE A GLADIATOR!!" and then just lay back down .. scared the hell out of me!!! teased her about it for ages afterwards though!!
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    when i used to share a room with my sister, i was just drifting off to sleep when my sister sat bolt right up in bed and 'shouted' "I DONT WANT TO BE A GLADIATOR!!" and then just lay back down .. scared the hell out of me!!! teased her about it for ages afterwards though!!

LOL

My sister used to talk alot of crap in her sleep and I would tease her about it...
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    :lol: I love the totally random things.
  • Options
    ive sleep-bloody-everythinged, i've sleepwalked loads of times, the most memorabe being when i was in ibiza with the 'rents and i walked out of our hotel room and down to reception, my mum chased after me and aparently i said something about needing looking for the bathroom, and the other time i walked out of my room, downstairs, out the front door and started walking up the road until my dad chased after me because i woke them up and they wondered what i was doing.
    I've also sleep shouted and walked at the same time, this was only about a week ago but i remember having this dream where i walked into a room and the door was shut, then i realised that this room was not going to be found for a long long time and the door was locked so i couldnt get out. but my mum came to the rescue again as i shouted just a general ARGHHH!! and was panicking trying to open my (unlocked) bedroom door :lol:
  • Options
    Don't think I've sleepwalked for years, even then it was only into my parents bedroom.
  • Options
    I squeak a lot in my sleep, and talk loads. Recent reports of my sleep talking include "My driving instructors giving away free pens", "I want the cheese and onion", me yelling "Not the UFO!!" and random murmrings about someone called Cedric and someone calle Rich. I think I scare the other half sometimes :chin:
  • Options
    "My driving instructors giving away free pens"

lol :lol:

i dont think i really talk in my sleep.. thats one thing ive never done!! .. unless i do it when im on my own and i simply dont notice!
  • Options
    I squeak a lot in my sleep, and talk loads. Recent reports of my sleep talking include "My driving instructors giving away free pens", "I want the cheese and onion", me yelling "Not the UFO!!" and random murmrings about someone called Cedric and someone calle Rich. I think I scare the other half sometimes :chin:

LOL

How random...
  • Options
    Ive tried to get in my mum and stepdads bed whilst i was naked. shouted 'PLEASE DONT READ MY MESSAGES' at my friend, called people a c unt. the best was when i got up and started screaming to my friend that her brother and his friend were on the roof!!
  • Options
    my brother is very funny when he sleeptalks/walks

one time when he was sleep talking he insisted that he was a tree :chin: that one was quite amusing

one time when he sleepwalked, he only went as far as the bathroom, but he was banging on the walls and door, until two minutes later he ripped the door open, and screamed into my mum's face (who'd gone to see what the noise was) "i'm not a mirror!"

also very amusing :D
  • Options
    I'm loving reading those!
  • Options
    I've not sleepwalked in years, but aparantly I did go down stairs naked, open a cupboard, and upon being asked what I was looking for, I replied "a stick" :lol:

I do talk in my sleep sometimes though, woken myself up saying all sorts of odd things
  • Options
    these are making me giggle

i've never slept walked, i've slept talked a few times i think but not a lot. I've woken myself up screaming before though...i was having a disturbing dream. And i've woken up crying before too. I remember baby sitting 2 kids once and the girl slept walked into the room i was staying in, i thought she was awake so i asked her what was up and she just ran back out again.
    Once my aunt aparrantly sat up and told my uncle to ''fetch that loaf of bread out of the middle of the road''
    In the summer at a sleep over i was sharing a bed with a friend and she randomly turned round to me and muttered something then turned back round again.
    It's quite amusing. But then i've heard stories of people throwing themselves of balconies and stuff when they've been sleep walking.
  • Options
    Another one I remembered (not of mine, one I saw). I'm not sure it was sleepwalking, but it had to be something like it... can people sleepwalk with their eyes open? I think his were.

I was watching my little cousin sleep when he was about 3. Suddenly he jumped up, ran to the living room (in the other end of the house), sat on the couch, drew a few lines on a piece of paper with a marker, and then he run back to his room and bed, instantly going back to sleep.