Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stupid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I put my dinner in the oven half an hour ago and just went to get it out and I hadn't turned the bloody oven on, lol. Think I'm loosing it

Comments

• Options
    It's probably still in there if you look hard enough.
  • Options
    That's my style of cooking. :razz:
  • Options
    I put my dinner in the oven half an hour ago and just went to get it out and I hadn't turned the bloody oven on, lol. Think I'm loosing it

I done that once! :lol:

Fucking annoying if your really hungry!
  • Options
    haha ive done that too! soo annoying!!
  • Options
    Oh yes, done that before. Also forgotten when i've put things in the oven, how long they've been in there for, and I think I might have once forgotten about something in there altogether.
  • Options
    I always do that with my steamer, so i have cooked chicken and potatoes and bloody raw vegetables and then the rest of the dinner gets cold while you wait for them to cook!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Rich-E wrote:
    Oh yes, done that before. Also forgotten when i've put things in the oven, how long they've been in there for, and I think I might have once forgotten about something in there altogether.
    To avoid this, I set a timer. 15 minutes to see the first time, and if it needs more, 5 more minutes.
  • Options
    I do it the other way round, and forget to turn the oven off. And the hob. Its ok when we had electric ones, but its a bit scary when I leave it on now as we have a gas one :|
  • Options
    I do it the other way round, and forget to turn the oven off. And the hob. Its ok when we had electric ones, but its a bit scary when I leave it on now as we have a gas one :|
    Wow, I didn't know gas ovens were still in use!
  • Options
    My dad did that - wheever he cooks pizza, he'll let the oven warm up for a bit before cooking the pizza. One time, he forgot to warm the oven up...

And one time my mum left a pizza cooking for 2 hours.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    Wow, I didn't know gas ovens were still in use!

They probably aren't from new, but I live in an old rented house. I much prefer cooking on a gas hob though, so I like it.
  • Options
    They probably aren't from new, but I live in an old rented house. I much prefer cooking on a gas hob though, so I like it.
    That's cool... My (and 10 other people's) house in the village used to have an oven like this, but it was remade whole and now it's electric.
  • Options
    i always put my ovenabke pizzas in straght away, and if they are done by the time it states on the box then i take it out, if not, i keep checking every 2-3 minutes