Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Healthy eating - feeling sick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im trying to eat more healthily because i have been eating a lot because i am stressed at the moment (the stress isnt something i can do anything about)

so anyway i have been eating white meat and veg,
pasta and veg,
salads
etc etc all the things that are ment to be healthy.
but i find withing min's of eating i feel quite sick,

im not eating large portions, i take my time when i eat, and it has only started when i changed my diet.

could it just be my body getting used to me eating something that has more nutritional value than crisps and subways?

It doesnt actually make me physically sick but for the last year i have been beeing so good about not making myself sick and the feeling that i could throw up if i wanted to just kind of reinforces the you have eaten, now its time to throw up idea that my brain has.

cheers if anyone has any ideas :)

mel

Comments

• Options
    melanie wrote:
    It doesnt actually make me physically sick but for the last year i have been beeing so good about not making myself sick and the feeling that i could throw up if i wanted to just kind of reinforces the you have eaten, now its time to throw up idea that my brain has.
    i have no idea what this means.. ?
  • Options
    sorry i didnt realise how garbled that sounded.
    i am / used to be buliemic, i just hate using that term.

i find that when i am happy (as i am and have been for a while) it is easier to fight the urges to make myself sick. I have done so only a few times over the last year or so.

however the feeling sick after eating i have been experiencing kinda makes me think (more so) about vomiting after food and because it lasts a while it plays on my mind.

this is why i was wondering if anyone could tell me if a change in diet could make you feel sick, and hopefully if it is just the change in diet then hopefully it will ware off.
  • Options
    It probably just is your body adapting to the change in diet. Give it a couple of days and see if you're still feeling dodgy after eating, hopefully everything will sort itself out and there'll be no need for worry. It's shitty because you'd expect to feel better when you start to eat better, but there's probably an adjustment period. It can't be easy either in relation to an eating disorder, but please keep telling yourself that this way is doing your body good and going to make your healthier.

I hope you feel better soon. :)
  • Options
    surely its psychological then if you are obsessing over your food and then feeling sick afterwards? sorry if that isn't the answer you wanted to hear.

try not to be too strict with your diet though because you might end up binging as a sort of rebellion against it. (in other words just yo-yo dieting, which isn't great for losing weight or making you feel good.)
  • Options
    Cheers guys :)