Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Arguments? worth it? Trust?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok with the g/f for 4 1/2 months today w00t w00t!
was on the phone to her and i've had a bit of a problem with her n another guy ( even tho nothing is going to happen because I trust her and the guy knows i'd beat the living hell out of him if anything did ).
I'd asked one of my closest mates who happens to be a close mate of hers to watch this guy ( he tried to make a move on her the week before and was a bit wary of it, hopefully obviously and not me being stupid?? ) anyway I said to her when she asked no 3 times, and then she said be honest so I was and said yes, I don't necessarily have a problem with you and him, i have a problem with him! she replies with well you obviously don't trust me then. ( WTF ! ) I told her that I trusted her with everything I had, i just didn't trust him! is this obvious to see or am I being mis-interpretated my actions? I trust her, don't trust him, simple as! she told me she was gd enuff to look after herself and I said ye I know that but, I want him to know that I know what he's trying to do so if he tries it again he'll know he's got it coming! she said well if you beat the shit out of him, i'll beat the living hell out of you for making me lose a mate!
Im a jealous person, simple as and she's not, I tried explaining to her what jealousy felt like and she was just like "Yea..wateva"..please some advice on what to say to her? how to act? what to do? I've tried sleeping but I can't in this state. I love her to pieces and am feeling physically ill thinking about what just happened, I turned to my friends for advice, they gave me some, I was wondering what you guys think?
Please help!
Jez xx

Comments

• Options
    erm...well im not sure if i've read your post right because its quite difficult on the old noggin, but i'd say just try and carry on as normal and not bring up the issue again, if shes untrustworthy you will find out over time so just give her the benefit of the doubt (really wish id taken my own advice a few months back!)
  • Options
    the phone call ended on the note of her telling me she was really pissed off about the whole thing, we said bye and c u 2moz etc..if thats any help lol?
  • Options
    just dont mention it again, if she does then just say you're sorry and then leave the subject well alone..trust me, ive had this before. if you dont show trust, things will go belly up and she will start to feel unhappy about it.
  • Options
    Ok let me describe this girl to you lol..strong willed, strong personality, tomorrow ( from past experience ) she will not drop it, it will be talked over again and probably develop into a full blown argument. I usually back down as I am in the wrong or do not want the confrontation! this time I am not backing down as I am in the right here ( i think ) and have a valid point to make, she doesn't like to see my point of view as correct, she doesn't like being wrong and doesn't like losing!
  • Options
    but didnt you say nothing has happened and she has done nothing wrong..sure you say you trust her but not him..well if this is the case then why are you worrying because if she is as strong a willed person as you say she is she should have no problem deflecting his advances (if he were to make any)
  • Options
    Yea she shud have no problem atall, the problem here is that she's saying I don't trust her with him!
  • Options
    well do you? honestly?
  • Options
  • Options
    well what can you do then really? if she wants to think you dont trust her then thats her perogative, she cant really argue when its something that only you know about...