Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

why?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what did we do before straightners? as far as i remember i used to dry my hair and style it and it looked good. now if i dry it and style it it looks total crap and is nowhere near acceptable til i have ran straightners through it. any one no why or have i lost the knack of doing my hair?
not one of lifes great questions but i was just curios.

Comments

• Options
    wee wuman wrote:
    what did we do before straightners?

i can only speak for myself, but: looked like shit.
  • Options
    Washed it and tied it back before it had a chance to frizz.
    Pretty much the same as I do now when I can't be bothered straightening it.
  • Options
    i used to put mine in a bobble/pigtails from wet. urgh.

but yes, along with kaffrin i looked like shit.
  • Options
    Well i guess before straighteners we were all used to having semi-wavy-semi-straight hair and no-one cared :p now we have straighteners we know things can get better!
  • Options
    H-face wrote:
    Well i guess before straighteners we were all used to having semi-wavy-semi-straight hair and no-one cared :p now we have straighteners we know things can get better!

probably but i had fairly straight hair and it looked ok when i did it and now its shit without straightners. maybe its old age :lol:
  • Options
    think its also that days before straightening our hair was just nice and in good condition. Now mine is all frazzled and only looks pretty and shinny when i burn it flat into pretty shinnyness :(
  • Options
    I hardly straighten my hair only when I go out. SO doesn't make much difference to me, just makes it look nicer.
  • Options
    wee wuman wrote:
    probably but i had fairly straight hair and it looked ok when i did it and now its shit without straightners. maybe its old age :lol:
    Maybe it's because using straighteners has WRECKED your hair
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    Washed it and tied it back before it had a chance to frizz.
    Pretty much the same as I do now when I can't be bothered straightening it.

Exactly what I did!

I only got straightners a couple of months ago and dont use them religiously simply because im so lazy but I do much prefer straightning it!

Without them now Id get too annoyed with my hair lol!
  • Options
    It used to take me ages to do my hair, i would put all these products in that reckoned they made it straight and sit there and blow dry it for years because my hair was so long and then sit there for like an hour with my crappy old school style straighteners, and even after that i probabley wouldn't be pleased with the result so would just tie my hair back anyway.

I bought my first pair of expensive/proper straigtheners 3 years ago and my hair has been beautiful ever since :p
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    ...wrong thread :blush:
  • Options
    How old are you to have been around ages before straightners :confused:

I never bought a straighner till last year, always just used a fat curling iron to straighten.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    How old are you to have been around ages before straightners :confused:

I never bought a straighner till last year, always just used a fat curling iron to straighten.

:razz: that made me laugh im not that old, 27 but have only used straightners the past two or three years so i had a fair few years of not using them on my hair.
    to be honest i never thought that my hair looks crap without them now because they have damaged my hair but i dont use them that often and the hairdresser has mentioned that my hair was in quite good condition. oh well.