Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moving On?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have currently split up with a girl and it seems no matter what i cant move on. I Love Her to bits but within the 2 months we have split up she has slept with someone and moved on by seeing another guy. this is totally heart breaking to this system and it feels like i have been lied to. We split up because she "didnt" want a "relationship" whilst she was at Uni. Now she is thinking of getting with a guy she "really" likes. i feel so hurt. it also come to the point where i was that low i tried killing myself on saturday night. I feel so depressed its untrue. it feels like she dont give a toss about my feelings or whatever, i know i am still young but i loved her soo much its untrue. I am thinking of just going to my local hopsital and booking myself in there nut ward, cause it seriously feels like i am having a nervous breakdown.

How do people get over it the fact there ex have slept/started seeing new people. i really need someone's help. PLZ help me.

:impissed:

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi - can I just say I really feel for you right now - breaking up can be sooo hard :( but there are options to help you move on and eventually find someone else - but just take it one step at a time.

It's really hard when you break-up with someone you have such strong feelings for, and it's understandable that you have been feeling depressed and are struggling to come to terms with your ex-girlfriend's new love interest.

One of the biggest hurdles is managing to accept that it's over - but once we manage this, we can focus on ways to try and get over it.Here's a list of do's and don'ts when trying to get over someone.

There's also the pain and loss we experience when trying to mend a broken heart and it sounds as if you might well benefit from talking to an outsider/counsellor. You could try the confidential telephone counselling service Careline tel: 0845 122 8622

Many other board users have been in your situation, so hopefully you will find it helps to hear their views on the issue too. Try to be kind to yourself and take pleasure from things you enjoyed before your girlfriend came into your life.

Take care ;)
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so low, like **Helen** said a lot of people on here have been/are going through the same kind of situation. I am myself, though it doesn't make it any easier to dispense advice about it!

It sounds like you know a lot about what she's up to since your split, and while it's tempting to keep tabs on an ex, it's rarely good for your own mental health. I'm sure that you have mutual friends, or move in the social circles, or maybe still even speak...I'd recommend trying to have as little contact with her as possible. I have friends who'd be telling me about what my ex is up to, because they think that I want to know (I'm not too sure why) and I've since told them that I'd rather not know...I don't think any good can come of that. If the other person has moved on, they're presumably not spending time finding out what their ex has been up to and with whom, they're probably aware that it's not conducive to moving on with your life. I think that's probably the case for you, too.

I'm not too sure what to say about your depressed feelings, as has already been said it's maybe time to refocus on the things you enjoyed doing (and people you enjoyed seeing) pre-relationship. Or turn the page and start afresh, go out to different places, see friends you haven't touched base with in awhile. Keep busy, and keep your chin up. I sincerely hope you feel happier soon, and can start to move on. :)
  • Options
    Its going to be hard right now, I know because I am going through it right now. When you put so much into a relationship and you value it so much but the other person changes and moves on. That is the killer part moving on because you remember the times you spent with that person and all the times you devoted to them. Breaking up is hard, it happened to me last night. My ex-boyfriend last see me one month ago and told me he is too busy with school as well. I am going through this too and I wanted to kill myself too, I even told him this over the phone and now I am labeled as a crazy psycho girl by my ex-boyfriend, so its hard. I hope you can try to think of other things as I am trying, like finishing school. Its extremely HARD on me because I cried to death last night so moving on is hard, I wish there was a cure for that pain of losing love.
  • Options
    sorry to hear that mate, but you've come to a good place for advise and support. As Briggi said pretty much everyone on here is either going through the same or has in the recent past. For myself i split up from my wife last year after finding out she cheated on me. I fell to piece over it, but with support from some of my family (didn't know about hte cheating part), some of my friends (who i told) and all the lovely people on TheSite Discussion boards i got through it. Think work helped a bit to as at the time i was really really busy at work.

I'm not sure i can add another more to what has alreay been said, but it does get better. Go out see your mates, have fun, keep busy. I didn't think i'd ever meet anyone again, but i have, and i'm sure you will too. Oh BTW welcome to thesite. :wave: