Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Creepy stalker - help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey... please help!!

This guy added me on MSN a few days ago. he's a bit of an eejit.... but he's finally worked out who i am apparently...

He's just announced "I live on *****my street name****** about 10 doors from you"

He reckons his names dan, but I don't KNOW anyone on my street... he also claims to know my mates sister and thats how he knows me.... but again, I dont know how that works... he even knows my goddamn name....

I'm a bit creeped, but don't want to block him incase he's persistent over email and, if failing that, he knows where I live.....

Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    have you spoke to your mate to see what her sister says? i wouldnt worry if he isnt being scary or anything, he's only said how he knows you and you dont know this to be false.
  • Options
    Go to the house he says he lives in and find out if it's true.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Lmao! I would, but he hasnt told me the number, and I'm not at home yet :D

And sugar, he is being a bit creepy, there no reason for him to know me and he wont tell me which of my mates sisters he knows.... only my mates name...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

and take a 9 iron just incase lol
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    and take a 9 iron just incase lol

Oh God no! A driver will do....or a baseball bat with nails stuck through it. :D
  • Options
    I would block him. At least on msn if not on e-mails too.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I would block him. At least on msn if not on e-mails too.

He can see if you've blocked him. However, I'd block him anyway. Don't talk to him.

Otherwise, I don't know. See what happens next perhaps?
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Lmao! I would, but he hasnt told me the number, and I'm not at home yet :D

And sugar, he is being a bit creepy, there no reason for him to know me and he wont tell me which of my mates sisters he knows.... only my mates name...

so he knows your mates name too? ask your mate to speak to her sisters and see if any of them can help. i would tell him politely that you don't want to speak to someone you dont know. if he took things further you could threaten to call the police and you know thats always a back up if he scared you. the thing is, if he is creepy you dont want to be speaking to him anyway it might just encourage him.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    He can see if you've blocked him. However, I'd block him anyway. Don't talk to him.

Otherwise, I don't know. See what happens next perhaps?

on msn you cant see if someone has blocked you.
  • Options
    Sugar wrote:
    on msn you cant see if someone has blocked you.

There are software like block checkers (very popular nowadays) and websites, which check whether one is online or not.
  • Options
    If there is only one person on msn that I want to talk to I block everyone else. No different really from not signing-in in the first place except it means I can talk to the one person I really want to.

Who actually downloads that blocker-checker software anyway? And if the stalker guy found out you had blocked him would it actually matter?
  • Options
    Who? I know hundreds... In the end, it doesn't matter if he founds out you've blocked him - unless he's a murderer, which I don't think he is. Maybe he is.
  • Options
    tell him to fuck away off
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    tell him to fuck away off

quick and to the point. So how has it worked out with the stalker?
  • Options
    quick and to the point. So how has it worked out with the stalker?

its only been an hour and a half since she first posted
  • Options
    you never no....
  • Options
    remember ...if your ugly he's only after your money.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Who? I know hundreds... In the end, it doesn't matter if he founds out you've blocked him - unless he's a murderer, which I don't think he is. Maybe he is.

you know hundreds of people who download blocker checker? why would anyone do that? or ill rephrase that, why would HUNDREDS of people want to do that? slight exaggeration maybe?
  • Options
    Sugar wrote:
    you know hundreds of people who download blocker checker? why would anyone do that? or ill rephrase that, why would HUNDREDS of people want to do that? slight exaggeration maybe?
    What's more, if you were that insecure that you felt the need to admit to downloading software to check if people have blocked you or not, would you admit to it?
  • Options
    Sugar wrote:

No, no exaggeration here. Most of the people that I know have block checkers. You can get it from www.mess.be. Why would I want to exaggerate anyway?

Whenever I block someone, I hear them next day telling me off, like: "Why did you block me? snyft snyft. I 'aint 'gonna talk to you!" Pathetic, I know.

The kind of people that have block checkers on their machines are either insecure teens or adults, don't ask me.

You know different people than I know - simple as that.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Hey... please help!!

This guy added me on MSN a few days ago. he's a bit of an eejit.... but he's finally worked out who i am apparently...

<snip>

Any advice?

Yeah. Don't get freaked out by it, and more importantly, don't let him see that you're at all concerned. Remember, you're a lovely young lady and millions of people in Stafford know you - who cares if you know them all or not? :)

Give me a shout if you want to stand outside your house and have a long conversation with a big-ass motorbiker. I can shave my hair off if you really like ;).
  • Options
    Has he been persistantly creepy for a long time? If he's just started talking to you and is making you uncomfortable, chances are he doesn't realise, so tell him that you're not comofortable speaking to a stranger you dont know who knows where you live.

I've got a friend who's a bit of a loner and when he talks to girls (or guys) he just doesn't have a way with words and the amount of people who tell me he's been 'stalking' them when he just wanted to have a chat. One time, he was waiting at a bus stop and started talking to this girl who goes the same school as him, and the next day at school she was saying he's stalking her. Thats just one extreme of it though, theres a chance this guy could have photos of you all over his room :)
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    The kind of people that have block checkers on their machines are either insecure teens or adults, don't ask me.

I have a block checker on my computer, which i only have in case i urgently need to contact someone and phone etc isn't working - so i know i can try to email them to get their attention if they block everyone except one or two. How does that make me an insecure teen?
  • Options
    millions of people in Stafford know you - who cares if you know them all or not? :)

Millions of people? In stafford? Isn't our population like, 5 people? :p

I tried to find out how he reckons he knows me... and he wouldn't tell me. So I ignored him. He kept it up even when I tried ignoring him... and I haven't spoke to him since thank god, telling me he was going to come and visit me etc... which, although isn't threatening, is creepy when you don't know who it is.

Next time he's on MSN, if he starts again and wont answer to me how he knows me (or got my email for that matter!), either my boyfriend or my dad are going to politely ask him to leave me alone. If that doesn't work.... well we'll cross that bridge then :)

Thanks all!
  • Options
    I hope it all gets sorted :thumb:
  • Options
    Send me his MSN address, I'll get the little twerp :). Go knocking on his door with a group of big friends, and not tell him who we are :cool:.