Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My PC - Pictures omg.

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Well, here are some. Yes, it is a big case. A fileserver case, apparently. I like it, its got plenty of room and easy to remove parts, such as drives. They are just on rails, and the 3.5 bays just come out on a catch. Ace. Also Stoli, the drink of Champions, with Coke!
Let the game begin hear the starting gun
Play from the heart today we will overcome
When the game is over all the counting's done
We were born to win number 1
:D I loves my PC so.
AMD Athlon 3200+
Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI
2GB Corsair RAM
Nvidia 7800GT

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I see what you mean about the case....
  • Options
    I honestly didn't know it was that big until it arrived.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You need some rounded cables to keep everything tidy, I don't like a cluttered PC, plus you get much better airflow!
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    You need some rounded cables to keep everything tidy, I don't like a cluttered PC, plus you get much better airflow!
    I have one for the HDD's... but cos they are close together, it comes out by itself. The CDROMS have one in, but the HDD's have to be like that... cos the 7800gt goes all the way to where the second HDD used to live!
  • Options
    Tie Raps are your friend then, what temps are you getting with your 7800? I hear they are pretty hard to keep cool unless you add a VGA cooler like an Artic Silver etc...

You have pretty much the same CPU as me but you are probably running 939 whilst I am on 754, both have their advantages and disadvantages! How far have you overclocked and what temps are you seeing? Have you been optimizing the timings for the RAM etc? I've got the 'DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb' Mobo which is the bollox when it comes to tweaking, tweakerz paradise!
  • Options
    I am getting 28-32degrees on the Processor, no idea on the 7800gt, but it is well cooled! I dunno how to mesure the temp :p

I haven't been O/Cing, I dont have the money to replace anything I kill. Luckily, the mobo also has a thing where it optimises everything for me! It's also fucking ace for O/Cing, come with everything ya need. I mgiht do when I get a tad more cash :D.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I am getting 28-32degrees on the Processor, no idea on the 7800gt, but it is well cooled! I dunno how to mesure the temp :p

I haven't been O/Cing, I dont have the money to replace anything I kill. Luckily, the mobo also has a thing where it optimises everything for me! It's also fucking ace for O/Cing, come with everything ya need. I mgiht do when I get a tad more cash :D.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815

Coolbits is a great util to monitor temps and you can even overclock your 7800 using it. Very good piece of software.

Usually if you push an overclock to far the PC won't boot, so you have to reset and take the battery out, then boot.

The mobo pretty much never optimizes anything correctly, maybe it is running everything fine but there will still be alot more juice left in the tank. All setting on auto in the bios will see a significant reduction is speed.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815

Coolbits is a great util to monitor temps and you can even overclock your 7800 using it. Very good piece of software.

Usually if you push an overclock to far the PC won't boot, so you have to reset and take the battery out, then boot.

The mobo pretty much never optimizes anything correctly, maybe it is running everything fine but there will still be alot more juice left in the tank. All setting on auto in the bios will see a significant reduction is speed.

Ta for the software... and as for taking out the battery, these modern PC's have a reset jumper, you know. :p

Eh, I might OC it... I have been tempted, I'll give it a go. I had my Willamette P4 2ghz at 2.40... it was ace. hehe.
  • Options
    lol I know, it's sometimes just to damn fiddly! On occasions it appears that changing the jumper leads is not enough and a 1 minute+ of leaving the battery out is what it needs.

This is the best guide to overclocking going

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823
  • Options
    43deg C on the 7800GT! Woot etc.

I have 2x80mm fans pulling in the front... one on the side above the GFX card, and a 120mm pulling out the back, plus the 120 in the PSU. It's an ace Hiper PSU too... the expensive PSU's are so much better, and worth it.
  • Options
    Yep, I have a Hyper Type-R, that's no doubt the same as yours. Looks great too!
  • Options
    I've got a very similar case, the antec sonata, though its not quite as big. Mine came with rubber mountings for everything and a 120mm fan to blow the air quietly. Its so quiet :)

Then my dvd drive spins at 123981231076123 RPM and ruins it, along with my hard drive attempting to die. Dont suppose you could help me with a small issue though: you know the sound ports at the front? Well they stop my left speaker playing (when plugged in the back) and if I push them about a bit it works, but it sounds like dodgy wiring - but the only wiring I did was to plug the cable from it into the motherboard.

But anyway, nice case :)
  • Options
    Erm, yeah, check the wiring. You could have plugged it into the wrong place on mobo, although unlikley. If you never use your front audio, just unplug it! I aint plugged in my firewire. ;/

Erm, yeah. Check all the wires are securei, on the back of the front panel, and inside, and its in the correct place too.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Erm, yeah, check the wiring. You could have plugged it into the wrong place on mobo, although unlikley. If you never use your front audio, just unplug it! I aint plugged in my firewire. ;/

Erm, yeah. Check all the wires are securei, on the back of the front panel, and inside, and its in the correct place too.

Yea its plugged up to the motherboard correct, I do use the front audio sometimes when I need headphones. But the customer services at phillips were very helpful anyway :) trying to think of everything to try and fix the speakers, then said I could take it to a phillips dealer and tell them to get phillips to pay for the repair! Ace :cool: