Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm ill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm alone in my flat and feeling very feverish.

I'm very dizzy when I stand up and have a throbbing headache which comes on from time to time. I'm very very drowsy and finding it difficult to do much at all. My muscles are aching pretty bad. I was also coughing a bit earlier infrequently.

Is this a common fever going around?

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Addict wrote:

I'm very dizzy when I stand up and have a throbbing headache which comes on from time to time. I'm very very drowsy and finding it difficult to do much at all. My muscles are aching pretty bad. I was also coughing a bit earlier infrequently.

sounds a bit like the flu hun, but there have been a few flu like bugs going around, i had it over christmas. take paracetamol and drink lots of fluids, and get a good nights kip. hope you feel better soon though!
  • Options
    Addict wrote:

As above, sounds flu-ish. Paracetamol will help the fever and acheyness, and bed rest will help your body fight the bugs.

Get well soon.
  • Options
    I've got a big assignment due on Thursday and it's grinded my progress to a halt which is the shittest thing. I've taken paracetemol and it just makes me so drowsy. It's not the kind of thing I need to see a doctor about though is it?
  • Options
    Not unless you need an excuse not to do your work.
  • Options
    Yeah, sounds like mild flu. If you need an extension on your assignment, you'll probably need a note from the doctor... probably the last thing you feel like doing at the moment, but it will be necessary :(
    Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    sounds like what my little boys got. He doesnt seem to have cold symptoms, but he seems tired, and keeps saying hes not well.
  • Options
    I have been dizzy had a cold and been cold and hot, doc said i had a virus that caused labarynthitis ( the dizzy bit) it is meant to go within 4-6 weeks.
  • Options
    My mums got it, shes been ill for nearly 4 weeks now,
  • Options
    Unfortunately its somethign far worse :crying:
  • Options
    the flu is going around just now, ive had it already, lasted about a month, doctor told my friend who has it it can take up to 6 weeks to go away, hope you feel better soon!