Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Using uk GHDs in USA

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone help? I used my UK bought GHD styling irons in the USA and they just didn't work. The voltage wasn't enough to power them. I'm going back to the US and wanted to take them with me. I contact GHD for advice and there advice was to (convieniently) buy a USA pair for $200. This is just not going to happen for a single holiday trip. I wanted to get a voltage converter, but I'm worried about it not working. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any solutions? Or alternatives? I used a friends USA bought different brand irons in the US, but they just weren't as good. Help? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    how long are you going to be in USA for should determine whether its worth buying GHDs or getting a cheaper make.
  • Options
    I had the same problem in Canada with my Wet2Straight's.
    They worked, but didnt get hot enough to use them.

Solution for me was, use the hotel hair drier that was in the room or tie it back.
  • Options
    Use the power outlet converter thing?

And I did not know GHD's were sold here. Never ever seen them or heard of them :chin: learn something new.