Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Breasts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What age were you when your breasts stopped growing?

I'm going to be 20 next month. I started developing breasts when I was about 10. In the past month, I haven't put on any weight, but my breasts are definitely still growing. Will they ever stop?! They're quite big (and heavy) enough as it is (34E-F), I'm not sure if I want to have to deal with them getting any bigger.

Comments

• Options
    Mine are still growing...:(
  • Options
    Mine are still growing...:(
  • Options
    when i was about 12 judging by the size of them :(
  • Options
    Not sure on the answer for your question. but are you unhappy with them being that size?As i know a few girls who have been, gave them bad backs, joints and depressed over them. A few of them had breast reductions to make them smaller.

My ex thought she was a 38D but got told by the Doc she was more like a 38F. she had a breast reduction to a 38C-D at the age of 23.

Sorry if that didn't help.

EDIT: of forgot to add it was done on teh NHS too
  • Options
    Youngbull wrote:
    Not sure on the answer for your question. but are you unhappy with them being that size?As i know a few girls who have been, gave them bad backs, joints and depressed over them. A few of them had breast reductions to make them smaller.

My ex thought she was a 38D but got told by the Doc she was more like a 38F. she had a breast reduction to a 38C-D at the age of 23.

Sorry if that didn't help.

EDIT: of forgot to add it was done on teh NHS too
    Heh, it did, kinda. I don't mind them as they are now, but if they get any bigger they're gonna cause me serious problems. I already spend a fortune on bras, and it's nearly impossible to get ones that fit properly. Even when I find one that I think will do, when I buy it and wear it for a day I realise that in fact it makes me sore.

Mine have been growing a bit in the past couple of years, but I assumed that it was just because I had put on a bit of weight (in the past 2 years they've gone from a 32D to a 34E-F, and I've put on about a stone so I thought that accounted for it). In the last few months I haven't put on any weight and they are definitely still getting bigger. Gah.
  • Options
    about 17/18 but everyones different i suppose, i wouldn't mind if they contiuned to grow dammit
  • Options
    lil_kazzy wrote:
    Heh, it did, kinda. I don't mind them as they are now, but if they get any bigger they're gonna cause me serious problems. I already spend a fortune on bras, and it's nearly impossible to get ones that fit properly. Even when I find one that I think will do, when I buy it and wear it for a day I realise that in fact it makes me sore.

Mine have been growing a bit in the past couple of years, but I assumed that it was just because I had put on a bit of weight (in the past 2 years they've gone from a 32D to a 34E-F, and I've put on about a stone so I thought that accounted for it). In the last few months I haven't put on any weight and they are definitely still getting bigger. Gah.
    Yeah she always had the same problem with the bras (with finding one that fit. and finding nice ones was even worse). When she had the reduction she lost something like half a stone (think it was a little more).
  • Options
    surely its not 17/18?!

Everyone is different I guess that's what you need to remember. Im nearly 21 and mine are still growing! But I had a baby nearly 5 years ago and so Im not sure how that would have affected growth rate as they obviously grew/shrunk during and after pregnancy.

Id suggest a visit to your doctor/nurse if you're conernced, or even just for some information :yes:
  • Options
    badabing wrote:
    surely its not 17/18?!

Well mine haven't :p

from the time i was 15 right up untill about 8 months ago my breasts were the same size, they are only a bit bigger now due to the fact i've put on a stone, so i must be an unlucky gal when it comes to boob growning ;p
  • Options
    badabing wrote:
    Id suggest a visit to your doctor/nurse if you're conernced, or even just for some information :yes:

I think you're right :)
  • Options
    are you on the contraceptive pill?
    im 21 and i thought mine were still growing, until i came off the pill a few weeks ago and they shrunk a bit :( that might be because my appetite has decreased a bit though.
  • Options
    O dear
    badabing wrote:
    surely its not 17/18?!

Everyone is different I guess that's what you need to remember. Im nearly 21 and mine are still growing! But I had a baby nearly 5 years ago and so Im not sure how that would have affected growth rate as they obviously grew/shrunk during and after pregnancy.

I no exactly how your feeling im 16, and im a 38D-E n still growing verry very quickly and im loosing weight if anything.....................

I pray mine stop at 17/18
  • Options
    If I remember rightly, breasts typically grow for about 4-5 years after the onset of puberty - though obviously that hasn't been the case for you!

It's typical after that (and around the age of 20/or in early 20s) for breasts to become fuller, though they don't generally "grow" as such. It's just part of the change in figure that most young women go through, where they mightn't necessarily put on weight but their body shape often changes. Are you on the pill, by the way?

However, as we all know, every body is different and I wouldn't say it's abnormal that your breasts seem to still be growing. I'd second the recommendation of visiting your Practice Nurse/GP, I'm sure they'd be able to easily put your mind at rest.
  • Options
    I'm on the contraceptive injection, but I'm planning to change to the implant at some point this week. However, I've been on the injection for the past 3.5 years, so surely all the enlarging would have happened when I first went on it? I actually didn't consider method of contraception as a factor that would influence this - purely because I've been on the injection for so long.
  • Options
    It's probably unrelated, I do remember reading about a trial of one of the contraceptive injections (over a 7 year period) where a very small minority (1% or 3%, can't remember exactly) reported change in breast size as a purported effect of the jabs.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I can't remember for the life of me and google isn't turning anything up. Make an appointment with your doc, it'll set your mind at rest and they'll know more than me I'm sure. :)
  • Options
    I started when i was about 8 and grew very quickly till i was about 12, then just slowly filled out till i was 13 then came to a stop. I more or less stopped growing altogether then too.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i was about 10 when i started and they have sort of stayed the same size (ish) since i was 18. they have always been big, but they do change slightly over the months. i think its the way my weight fluctuates and what time of the month it is.
  • Options
    lil_kazzy wrote:
    I'm on the contraceptive injection, but I'm planning to change to the implant at some point this week. However, I've been on the injection for the past 3.5 years, so surely all the enlarging would have happened when I first went on it? I actually didn't consider method of contraception as a factor that would influence this - purely because I've been on the injection for so long.
    i had been on the pill for 4 years until a few weeks ago. and it was only recently that i thought my breasts were growing again. and now i've come off it they've gone smaller.
  • Options
    They tend to change size throughout your whole life due to a variety of factors including: weight gain and weight loss, pregnancy and breast feeding, contraceptives that contain hormones such as the pill etc, other medications, lifestyle changes etc etc.

I don't think there is a ever point at which you can say that they definately won't get bigger in the way that you can with say your feet.
  • Options
    I'm 19 and mine are definatly still growing
  • Options
    mine stopped properly growing when i was about 14, but they do fluctuate from time to time. They seem to be influenced by just about everything under the sun.

they're little orbs of mystery. or not so little, in some cases.
  • Options
    i was a late developer - think i kinda woke up with big boobs!

i'm a 34DD/E and 20; they occasionally look a bit bigger but that can change with time of the month etc.
  • Options
    The worse thing I ever did was to go on the pill coz it made mine grow, sucks :(
  • Options
    I was about 16/17 when I went from A cup to B cup and they haven't grown since. I'm nearly 20 now, so I guess that's when they stopped growing.

Ilora x
  • Options
    They havent changed since i was 17. Wish they would though but im 22 now.
    I was on the pill at 15 and i didnt find it helped the grow, nor did it make them shrink when i came off it at 20.