Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best set you've ever seen!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, so maybe this should be in the entertainment section but i know most of the raving population of thesite look on here for dj stuff (well, i do)

Here comes the question:

What is the best dj set you've ever witnessed and why?

To answer my own question, mine is Brisk at summer sensation 3 in 2004 :shocking: , all the rooms were playing very up-to-date and upfront hardcore or techno, then Brisk came out in the old skool room and the first tune he played was 6 days - spot on, kept dropping anthem after classic hardcore anthem and it was just perfect.
It had been extremely hot and the rooms werent all that big so stomping around to 180bpm tracks was fine for a while but then it just got too hot and everyone went looking for a place to chill out.
The old skool room was litterally rammed with people stood listening outside the doors because they couldnt fit in. This set just really made the night and just proved why the man brisk is quite simply a legend.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    A classic Old Skool set for Slipmatt @ Adrenalin in 2000 summer time. Things like 6 days, Out of Space, 95 Style, High on Life, In Complete Darkness etc anthem after anthem with Marley on the mic.

The venue was small (900 capacity) local underground club called Enzo's, right next to Stonehenge that to this day remains the best venue I have ever been to.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Slipmat for reasons best known to himself poped by to Peach one night when I was there and played a top set. I guess it was the surprise which was the good thing.

Though Druid at Future Dance was top too.
  • Options
    Scratch Perverts in Bristol or High Contrast at the launch party of True Colours in the Level, Bristol. Fucking A.
  • Options
    Scorpio at Helter Skelter Energy '04. It was about 1-2am, I was with two raving virgins, we were all coming up and everyone was going mental! A combination of the amazing atmosphere, seeing two skeptics transformed and loving it and 60 minutes of pure, filthy gabber. :D

That or the Jedi Masters on the double decker green bus with all the seats taken out at Hardcore Heaven at the Sanctuary in late '03, earlier '04? Pure genius. Every time I came out of my 'bubble' the same question arose.. "What the fuck are we doing on a double decker bus?!"

Someone, hire that bus again.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Morillo at Global Gathering 2004
  • Options
    Morillo at pacha ibiza 2004
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Must have been a good year for him :D
  • Options
    A Primemover live PA Set was very good!
  • Options
    Hype at who was supporting the Prodigy at Brixton Academy in December 1995 - it was an all night thing the Prodigy had just been on and he was next set. The first thing he dropped was his own remix of the fugies ready or not and OH MY GOD......
  • Options
    One DJ of the Panik tribe. Have no idea what his name was tho.
    Was mixing some amazing hardcore and was fucking impressive.
    Best set and best Free Party I have ever been :thumb:
  • Options
    I agree, Morillo @global gathering 04 was one of the best sets i've ever saw too, but in my opinion was outdone when i walked over to the other tent where carl cox absolutley blew the roof off. harry romero also played a blinder at that event, even though he only played around 45 mins as he turned up late.

For those old school fans, mickey finn and kenny ken back to back at flashback, birmingham was one of my favourite sets. I saw Dj Marky at a flashback in the tiny drum n bass room before anyone (myself included) had even heard of him, a good few years ago. He became one of my fave dj's instantly!!!
  • Options
    Armin Van Buuren at Global 2004, I'm not that into trance really, but when he came on the atmosphere was electric.

Also, Green Velvet live from round about 1998/99- mad stuff!!!
  • Options
    i've clearly got the best set you've seen. :D

:p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Proof?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    haha, not about to post a picture of my chest i'll look a bit cheap. :p

i get it said to me a lot so i'll go on that 1.