Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The mans mother

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really really hate her. Its gone beyond finding her annoying, being p issed off with the comments she makes, I do believe I actually hate her. She askes, what did you buy him for christmas? I tell her, it was a nice gift for me. I can't afford much and I'm not good with gifts. She comes back with the comment, oh, thats all? Then makes this snearing face. She asks what I bougt him for Valentines day. Same situation. We go to dinner last night, all she does is make this discusted face at every food and every person. She makes faces and loud comments and people slightly over weight. She always makes comments about people who don't do their make up, don't dress nice enough, knowing damn well enough I never do my make up and hair and wear the jeans sweatshirt. She makes the most comments when I'm dressed like that. She makes comments about money, all the time. His dad has been out of work for 10 months. And all she can say is, For my birthday, get me this, I want it and I get what I want.

I've talked to the man about how I feel and all he can say is, thats how she is. I'm sorry.

But every time I have to go be with them I just come home and cry. I feel like such shit. Like I'm not good enough because I dont have enough money.

And I feel so rotten if I say I dont want to go out with them.

Comments

• Options
    my_name wrote:
    And I feel so rotten if I say I dont want to go out with them.

That's a shame, because she sounds like someone worth avoiding.

Whenever you do have to see the old crone, make sure you don't do any make up, and wear clothes as scruffy as you can get away with.
    Just don't do anything enough to ruin your relationship.
    I know it's spiteful, but she doesn't sound like she deserves much more.

If your boyfriend is happy with you, then that is all that should matter, really. But I know it's never that simple.
  • Options
    just try stay out of her way as much as possible, and put up with her when you have to for your boyfriends sake, it sounds like an awful situation to be in (((hugs)))
  • Options
    I know how you feel, my fella's mum gets on my t*ts. She is really slim and asks my fella 'how do I look'? 'this is a size 8' and I feel like crap cos I aint a size 8 and I think 'My fella's girlfrind is bigger than his mum' and I feel bad for being so fat :impissed: She blamed me once for 'not letting his son come to visit' and when I go out with my mates she makes me feel guilty like I dont let my fella go out with his mates - the truth is his mates are mostly married with kids or have partners themselves!! Because I'm alot younger than my feller I think she thinks I'm a sl*g wanting his money or a place to live or summat!!

But try and aviod going round to hers as much as possible!! Also when you do go just keep your mouth shut for the sake of your fella - she is probably jealous that her son has got a girfriend or someting??