Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

getting condoms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi people.

just wanted a bit of advice about getting hold of condoms, it's a bit stupid but here goes. I know you can get free condoms from like family planning clinics and doctors surgeries and all that, but how do you go about doing it?

Do you just ask outright at the front desk or do you ask to see someone?

I used to get them from a youth centre i went to, but i dont anymore and just dont wanna make a fool of myself infront of a busy waiting room full of people!

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    look online for your local FPC and call up first to find out when they have the certain clinics that hand out free condoms.
  • Options
  • Options
    cool thanks for your advice :thumb:
  • Options
    I laughed out loud - at my doctors (attached to my uni so I think they're used to this sort of thing) there is a sort of "order form" where you put how many and whether you want flavoured/ribbed/extra-strong etc.
    I don't know if you just hand it in to reception...

cquest x
  • Options
    Thats so cool! We only get plain ones :(
  • Options
    I went to the Brook with a friend because she wanted some advice on sex and stuff, and they handed her a big bag of condoms, saying if she wanted more she can just come in and ask at the desk. But the help desk is in a different room from the waiting room so I guess it saves embarressment. But there is nothing to be ashamed of asking for condoms.