Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ooooo :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to pay my credit card. I've always paid over, because I like to pay even numbers. Now this time, it still gives me the option of paying the minimum due, the balance due or another amount. So why the fuck wont it let me pay the other amount grr >:( I only wanted to pay $21.57 over!!
Dumb assholes

Comments

• Options
    dunno, just pay the balance due if it won't let you?
  • Options
    Banks are morons...
  • Options
    Credit cards are the tools of the Anti-"Bob" (Satan, if you will). Never use them. best way, really.
  • Options
    Cain wrote:
    Credit cards are the tools of the Anti-"Bob" (Satan, if you will). Never use them. best way, really.

There is an article I read somewhere that if you get a credit card garunteed against £1000 in your bank, then take £1000 off the card, get another, and so on until you've got about 6 cards, then pay back the minimum / interest payment each month for about a year, then reverse the cycle so you cacnel each card.... then you'll have a golden credit rating, and will be able to get good rates for any loan.

apparently, anyway. I wouldnt have one because I dont need it, I'm a compulsive saver (I had an argument over 40p the other day, we went to pizza hut and I paid £10 in when it cost £6.60 and wanted £3.40 back, my mate gave me £3 but then wanted the 40p to tip!!! - it was really crap service too) so always have lots of money in my bank!
  • Options
    There is an article I read somewhere that if you get a credit card garunteed against £1000 in your bank, then take £1000 off the card, get another, and so on until you've got about 6 cards, then pay back the minimum / interest payment each month for about a year, then reverse the cycle so you cacnel each card.... then you'll have a golden credit rating, and will be able to get good rates for any loan.

apparently, anyway. I wouldnt have one because I dont need it, I'm a compulsive saver (I had an argument over 40p the other day, we went to pizza hut and I paid £10 in when it cost £6.60 and wanted £3.40 back, my mate gave me £3 but then wanted the 40p to tip!!! - it was really crap service too) so always have lots of money in my bank!

Its probable...I'm the same, I don't need one so I don't have one. I had a good summer last year anyway, and my student loan pays for my accomodation and tuition...aside from that I have several grand and very little to bother spending it on, so there is simply no point when my debit card covers everything.
  • Options
    Cain wrote:

Credit Cards are only bad if you are a moron who can't use them properly. Only spend what you know you can pay back.

I love my credit card. I actually never carry cash with me and I'm not going to spend half the night writing in my checkbook, well I spent $3.49 at lunch today, bought $21.75 in gas on the way home, bought some coffee for $4.69... my time and math skills are not in abundance.

Credit cards are a great way of building up your credit. Try going and buying a house, or even a car with no credit, its just as difficult if you had bad credit.
  • Options
    Tightwad. :p
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Tightwad. :p

an arguement over 40p?!
  • Options
    an arguement over 40p?!

i know!
    If i go out somewhere and my food comes to about £8 something i just chuck in a tenner and call it that, i can't be bothered with working it all out who owes what to the last penny.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Credit Cards are only bad if you are a moron who can't use them properly. Only spend what you know you can pay back.

Exactly. I don't need mine, but I have it anyway. I pay it off in full every month, so I have no problems.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    i know!
    If i go out somewhere and my food comes to about £8 something i just chuck in a tenner and call it that, i can't be bothered with working it all out who owes what to the last penny.
    I'm the same, but somehow there's never enough after everyone's put in and so in goes another pound. That's why I don't like tightwads.