Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry this is more of a rant than a question!

Does anyone else find that they just get walked all over by people that are supposed to be 'good' friends? I always help out my mates go places with them if no one else will, do things for them and just generally be there for them like i believe a mate should, but when it comes to me they are never like that! It just pisses me off, i believe in treating people how you want to be treated and i don't believe in treating mates like shit..but i always find myself getting walked over. I don't believe that im a push over or a soft touch i just don't like letting people down i guess, just annoys me. Now im starting to think that i dont actually have any good mates if they all treat me like shit!
sorry for the rant just had to let it out lol, but like i said does anyone else feel their mates don't treat them fairly enough?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I have been in your situation twice and am in it again just now, my friends were expecting me to drive if we went anywhere so I said no and since then I've hardly been included in anything, seem to have lost all my friends, one ows me £200 and keep on asking him for it too and doesn't appear, he's well taken me for a mug but I didn't think a good friend would do that.....
    My friends have moved on to new ones since I said no to lifts etc and now I find I have no friends and am always in and seem to be the person that people don't mind knowing but being seen with or doing anything with is a big NO
    feeling really down about it just now, trying to look on the bright side saving money etc but its not helping at all.
  • Options
    Yeh I've got a few "mates" like that. See where I live it's really weird, there's about 30 of us but within that we have our own wee groups of 3 and 4. So some, while being your mates aren't actually your mates. I'm sure you've at least one person who you can say you're quite close with.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Yeh I've got a few "mates" like that. See where I live it's really weird, there's about 30 of us but within that we have our own wee groups of 3 and 4. So some, while being your mates aren't actually your mates. I'm sure you've at least one person who you can say you're quite close with.

Thats a bit like that here, there are little groups of us that all hang around but its normally me and my flat mate that were always together and now shes just acted like i am only there when she needs me. maybe its just due to the fact that she as a new girlfriend and once the novelty wears off she will prob come running back, which isn't want i want but will probably happen. Might just invite start inviting mates from home out and going out back home if it carries on (good thing about only moving away 20 mins from home he he)
  • Options
    in all honesty not really, one who lves 3hours away and another 2hrs away but not really close with them even they are being distant with me
  • Options
    Hiya,

You might find the following site.org article on how to deal with 'friends gone bad' useful.