Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

RIAA claim copying CD's to iPod's is copyright infringement

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
not sure whether this would have been better in computing and net or entertainment, but hey, its here now.

Story here

anyway, i think this is bullshit

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, read that earlier.
    The music is probably only being used in one place at one time.

Worthless cunts.
  • Options
    It's not illegal, you are entitled to make as many copies as you want for personal use. Technically you can only listen to it in one place at each time, but how many people would leave the CD on in the house whilst out jogging with the iPod?

Such a shame the RIAA have to resort- yet again- to unfounded and illegal bullying and lies.

I'll stop copying CDs when the RIAA stop getting royalties from every blank CDR sold.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Erm, I already paid for it, so how is it illegal? I cannot listen to two at once, and it is my own property, so...

Stupid twats, as usual, causing problems for no reason.
  • Options
    It's not as if anyone copying songs from CDs to their iPod is making money out of doing so, is it? I don't know about you lot, but I'd not carry loads of CDs around with me whenever I'm out...
  • Options
    For Fuck Sake, those fuckers again, never fucking happy are they...

boycott-riaa-title.gif
  • Options
    Standard RIAA scare tactics. They like to randomly target people too, I hear. They probably learnt it from the TV Licensing People, who have been threatening to raid me for the past month because I simply dont own a licence.
  • Options
    TV licensing people are fun to play with. Hell, most of them are once you call their bluff. :p
  • Options
    In our first year of uni, we had a letter addressed to the kitchen of our halls, informing it that it didn't have a TV license. It never did buy one.
  • Options
    Oh and on the main topic, I fucking hate all of this copyright protection bollocks. It is the one thing that really pisses me off. My TV broke, so I've had to plug my DVD player in through my VCR into my old TV. And now half of my DVD's won't work because they have some copyright bullshit on them that make them go fuzzy when playing them through a VCR. Maybe I'll just bring them all back to the shop for a refund, and buy illegal one's instead that will no doubt work. Sony are the worst for it, they refuse to accept that everyone bought the playstation because you could get copied games for it. My Kasabian CD won't run on Media Player either or copy to it. Oh well their loss, I won't be buying their next album, because I only listen to music on my PC or MP3 player now.