Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pregnancy worry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I've looked on the internet and dont see this as very likely, but I'm anxious all the same and would like to know whether I should be worried or not.

Me and my girlfriend had sex for the first time on friday, using extra safe condoms, they didnt split and to the best of my knowledge no semen entered her.

She realised she had come onto her period during sex but we carried on as it was only very light bleeding.

What I would like to know is, if even a small amount of semen had got inside, and considering the start of her period, is she likely to be pregnant? Her period obviously is on time this time, but I'm presuming itll be late next time if she is? :confused:

As I said, I looked around but seem to have conflicting information, and I'm very worried. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Options
    I don't really understand, did you remove the condom when she came on her period? If you kept the condom on and it didn't split then you don't really have anything to worry about, as long as you put it on correctly then condoms are designed as a sole form of contraception so it's unlikely any semen did get inside unless you carried on without the barrier.

If you are this anxious about pregnancy it may be worth using another method such as the pill as well.

It is technically possible to get pregnant on your period but VERY low chances, but some people are irregular and ovulate at different times which is what makes it possible.

And yes if she is late next time that is a sign of pregnancy, but NOT a definate.
  • Options
    No, I kept the condom on the whole time. Taking the pill isnt practical at the moment, we will in future.

What I wanted to know but didnt put clearly is, is the fact that shes now on her period a sign that shes not pregnant?

I'm pretty much positive that no semen entered her and we were both very careful, just wanted my mind put at rest really. Cheers.
  • Options
    shungho wrote:
    What I wanted to know but didnt put clearly is, is the fact that shes now on her period a sign that shes not pregnant?

Its not a sign that she's not pregnant since she was already on her period. Like onabun said though, you used a condom and you're pretty sure no semen entered her so it's fairy unlikely that she is pregnant. Try not to worry because condoms are very reliable when used correctly, but obviously they aren't 100%, he pill idea is good for extra security if you really are this worried. xx
  • Options
    It's a possibilty she could get pregnant, less likely but it could happen. Although if you were using a condom and it didn't split then obviously theres like nearly no chance of any getting out and knocking her up. If she is pregnant though, she won't know until her next period.

Really if your off shagging about, shouldnt you make the effort to know these things beforehand? It's pretty basic stuff.
  • Options
    Her period wasnt due till today or tomorrow, so it took us by surprise. I've looked around before but got mixed information, and our sex ed at school was diabolical. Thanks for your help everyone.
  • Options
    no, shes not pregnant, youre paranoid.

Seriously.
  • Options
    I appreciate that I am being paranoid, and I'm not gonna be happy till her next period, but a bit of reassurance always helps
  • Options
    if this period hasnt reassured you, then why will her next one?

The fact her period was due, means its her LEAST fertile time. The fact she came on her period, means the egg wasnt fertilised and the womb lining is expelling. he fact that you used a condom and it was used properly is one of the most efficient methods of contraception.

Whats the point of having sex to be paranoid even when you do everything right?
  • Options
    I worry about everything more than I should, and I wish I wouldnt.

Thanks for being so frank :blush:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    have you asked her if she is still on her period? because if its her 1st time, its possible she was just bleeding due to that. i dont think there is much chance she is pregnant, you were careful. maybe you should discuss other forms of contaception, to use as well as condoms to keep your mind at rest.
  • Options
    She is, its still ight, she said its a slow starting one but she has them sometimes, and she had cramp pains a few days before.

We've decided not to again until she is on the pill, then we'll use condoms aswell to be safe.