Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friends of the owner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are you friends with the owner / manager of anywhere intersting.. do you get any special priviledges?

I went out with a friend and 2 other guys who has been going to one resturaunt for many years

duringthe meal they kept opening beers and putting them infront of us before we even finished the old ones, we thought we were getting charged for them but when we got the bill reliased about they'd given us like 16 drinks and charged us only for the first 4.. cos my friend had been goign there for so many years!!

Comments

• Options
    My friend became a manager in KFC at the tender age of 24.

I started calling it KF-Free from then on.
  • Options
    my friend owns a factory that produces cooked meats, also a close family member is quite high up in the NHS. apart from that i know a couple of bookies and a couple of barman who keep me in free drinks
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    My friend became a manager in KFC at the tender age of 24.

im scared now, cause im sure kfc adverts say its tender chicken, i hope its not 24 years old like your mate
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    im scared now, cause im sure kfc adverts say its tender chicken, i hope its not 24 years old like your mate
    :lol: (Don't mind me I've got the giggles this morning)
  • Options
    The boyfriends best friend owns a company so he works for him occasionally doing consulting work. He has a company card that reads "Mr. Sex Ed C..." and gets his checks in the mail and last week got some steaks addressed to the same name.
  • Options
    Don't know the manager, but the nice chappy in the Chinese gives us free prawn crackers. Which is a shame really as we hardly ever eat them.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Don't know the manager, but the nice chappy in the Chinese gives us free prawn crackers. Which is a shame really as we hardly ever eat them.
    they are nice dipped in curry sauce. :yes:
  • Options
    Where i used to live the barman fancied me so i used to get lots of free drinks if that counts lol.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    they are nice dipped in curry sauce. :yes:
    :yum:

Worst thing about them is you sit and eat them all night after your dinner is finished, like I did last night. I try to forget how calorific they are.
  • Options
    Two of the dirctors at work own a club so I can get in there for free, and the bar-men cant treat me like shit. Boyf owns freehold pub, so get a very deal up there as well.
  • Options
    I once knew someone who ran a tea room in the New Forest and used to give us cream teas when we went to visit.

Most of the interesting people I've known have been military and RAF which doesn't really confer many perks.

I knew Rick Husband. That doesn't get you any free rides on a Space shuttle. Fortunately I spose. :(
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    My friend used to be the supervisor in this club/pub thing that I liked in Edinburgh. She used to give me lots of free drinks and "accidentally" put in doubles instead of singles and the like. And if they had a new cocktail or new drink then she would give it to me to taste in the name of market research :yum:
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    I once knew someone who ran a tea room in the New Forest and used to give us cream teas when we went to visit.
    I want a cream tea :yum:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Miffy wrote:

Where was that?

My mate runs a paintball place which always means free paintball.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Where was that?

I cannot remember just where it was for the life of me, not helped by he fact that it was in one place and then she moved, but it was Mop's if that makes you any the wiser.

It was about 15 years ago I last saw her.
  • Options
    I used to work in one in Brockenhurst.
  • Options
    a friend of mine from school had an aunty who worked at a nestle factory so 1 day i got given a huge bag of echo bars.

this same friend had a sister who worked in a club and got us in to the VIP bit for free and my ex bf is friendly with some people who get free football tickets so we got in free once.
  • Options
    my friends uncle owns 2 big pricey clubs in manchester so we get in there for free if we tell him in advance.

my cousin is the manager of a hairdresser so i get half price on hairstyle and kerastase products.
  • Options
    I used to work in one in Brockenhurst.

It was further north than that, nearer Salisbury. Actually I keep thinking it may have been somewhere around Redlynch or Lover to begin with. Can't remember wher it moved to
  • Options
    I don't know of any tea rooms in either village. Must have been before my time. ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I have various friends that are producers and DJs so I get VIP to quite a few clubs.
    I had 3 friends that worked at the uni bar once and it used to cost me about 7p for 3 lunches and copious amounts of Stella etc.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I have various friends that are producers and DJs so I get VIP to quite a few clubs.

That's a good point. Soem of my mates are DJ's which used to enable me to get into events free and my mates old man works on the fair that was often used at Slammin and events like Global Gathering. We used to tag along and get in free + free food and rides on the fair.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Not at the moment, but one of my best mates from Uni, has just brought himself a pub in Wimbledon, it opens sometimes in May. He's told me i have to come up for the offical opening of the pub. And i would be surpised if whenever i go it will be like when he worked in Bar:Me in portsmouth, ie Free drinks 90% time.
  • Options
    G/f's dad is the manager of a salmon farm so we get free salmon, tis yummy :yum:
    Brother works for social services in the Essex head office,

other than that bros a burgerking worker, thats it.
  • Options
    My mate don't own, but organise parties, so can always have free entrance and be able to bring into the venue drinks from shop, so cheap drinks. Also got a nice sofa next to the DJ box to smoke spliff and relax... Quite cool... Nothing fantastic tho, but the sofa is confy and make me save some cash... so always good to take ;)