Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Credit worthyness stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. I dont want to go into detail but i know that someone used my name to get things on credit and i now cant get it myself because they defaulted thius fucking up me in turn. I will shortly be contacting a company to find out all the details. But i want to know how do i go about "clearing" my name, like becoming credit worthy again... Pisses me right off because i cant do fuck all now or get anything. If i want something i have to get my dad to get it for me, and i hate doing that so much!

Help. Please. :)thank you

Comments

• Options
    First off, someone applying in your name would not be associated with you unless they used all your details (eg your address too).

Second, you can contact the companies that run the credit checks, there's two major ones if I remember rightly. They can put notes on your file that the lenders have to read or they can disassociate you with any other person that might have similar details but not be you.

Look them up on the net or yellow pages.
  • Options
    If the debt is actually in your name & address i think the only way to remove it is to pay off any debt!
  • Options
    Theres experian and equifax, they are the 2 main ones. They can't really change anything on your credit file, but they can add notes which potential lenders can see.

It took a few months to get all my credit stuff sorted, and about a year for me to be able to get credit no problems. It's so annoying when it isn't your fault though. I had probs as my ex had a load of CCJ's and as we shared an address they affected my credit score. I also managed to end up on the electoral roll at 2 separate addresses which caused loads of hassle. Hope you get it sorted, best of luck :)
  • Options
    Experian, thats the one, i was told to contact them.

First off, someone applying in your name would not be associated with you unless they used all your details (eg your address too).

I know this, but again i dont / didnt want to go into detail.

If the debt is actually in your name & address i think the only way to remove it is to pay off any debt!

As far as i know some of the debts were paid but some where not thus i am blacklisted, or something.
    It's so annoying when it isn't your fault though.

Yes it really is, and sorting it is hassle i dont need. :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh

I know this, but again i dont / didnt want to go into detail.

Fair enough. If you allowed someone to use your details though then I don't think that the companies would be obliged to remove it from your records.
  • Options
    Mate you can register a notice of dispute which they can investigate with the company and if the information is wrong they CAN remove it !

Speak to Citizens Advice and check thesites money pages
  • Options
    Just read the above and if you did allow someone to use your details then yes you can get notes added to your credit file to that effect which will be read by lenders upon request usually.
  • Options
    WHAO WHOA WHOA

I never said anything about "letting someone use my details ! :confused:

For the record I did not let someone use my details ok

Edited coz i fucked it up :p:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    For the record I did not let someone use my details ok
    I'm not understanding how someone else got credit on your details without you knowing about it, unless they intercepted your mail. :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    I'm not understanding how someone else got credit on your details without you knowing about it, unless they intercepted your mail. :confused:

I cant go into detail but it happened. It was only confirmed to me when i applied for something and got a letter back advising me to contact Experian. Once i read the letter fully i realised what was going on, for sure. Thats all i can say.

I just wanted to know how i would go about getting back in credit is all but i will contact Experian first and go from their.
  • Options
    my credit system is falgged cause someone appiled for loads under my name and address when i wasnt even 18, so now checked a lot if i want credit
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    If I'm right in what I'm thinking it would have been very easy for person to do it

I can't believe person would do that hun :(

theres more to it, i'll explain it to you sometime.

btw thanks for making an exception for me ie your other thread going to manchester, flat sharing :p :flirt:
  • Options
    theres MORE? my god

I think your better where you are now :yes: like as opposed to where u were before

far better Rach...

. . . Yeah i'll explain it all to you when your not busy
  • Options
    I just wrote 6 pages on weather formation - quick distract me :D

:eek: 6
  • Options
    * Raises eyebrow *
  • Options
    lol nah i took my av off after chopping and changing it a few times.. searching for a replacement.
    I shall dispatch assignment to you once I'm done

And then some :crazyeyes You have masses & massesssssssss
  • Options
    Theres a nice tool Ive found thta calcs your credit score online as many times as you like and its free :)

http://www.moneyforums.co.uk/credit_score_calculator.php
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Sammy2006 wrote:
    Theres a nice tool Ive found thta calcs your credit score online as many times as you like and its free :)

http://www.moneyforums.co.uk/credit_score_calculator.php
    sweetie, this thread is dead.