Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Staged Kissing and stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone here ever hada to simulate a kiss, etc for a play or anything like that?

If so how was it? Also if you had a partner at the time what did they think?

I've never done any kind of acting.. so no experience of this.

Comments

• Options
    yeah, i had a few stage kisses when i was doing my theatre studies A level.

bloke at the time wasn't too impressed, but it was tough. the worst part was that the play i did with the most prolonged snog action i had to get it on with one of my best boy mates, and he never did let me forget that he's spent many a rehearsal pretending to touch me up :o

it's weird at first, but it's just acting, and after a while you forget that it's even supposed to be something enjoyable. you're just doing it cause it's in the script.
  • Options
    Strange you posted this i was actually reading this yesterday
  • Options
    I've done quite a few stage kisses and things, and it's just another move in the blocking - my boyfriends have always got a little bit iffy about it but they know it's just part of the job so it's not an issue after I've chatted to them about it.

The worst one was in a play when I had to be raped - it was a pretty violent scene and it was easy to get really lost in the part. My boyfriend at the time got up and walked out of both the performances he came to....
  • Options
    I've just been cast in a play which I'm really nervous about. I have to kiss a (much older) guy. I can't seem to do it naturally though. Everytime I find myself blushing. The part calls for me to be shy, nervous etc. so there's no problem there but immediately after I'm supposed to start crying. He's a really nice guy I just feel really unconfident about it especially as it's my first time acting in a "real" theatre. Anyone got any advice? It sounds so dumb saying this but I've never properly kissed a guy before - only on the cheek and I don't want my first kiss to be onstage :blush:
  • Options
    WTF what the hell is coming to the world. thats so stupid. next their be say their banning kissing in public.
  • Options
    betsy wrote:
    I've just been cast in a play which I'm really nervous about. I have to kiss a (much older) guy. I can't seem to do it naturally though. Everytime I find myself blushing. The part calls for me to be shy, nervous etc. so there's no problem there but immediately after I'm supposed to start crying. He's a really nice guy I just feel really unconfident about it especially as it's my first time acting in a "real" theatre. Anyone got any advice? It sounds so dumb saying this but I've never properly kissed a guy before - only on the cheek and I don't want my first kiss to be onstage :blush:
    D'you have a close male friend you could ask to 'help you rehearse'? Maybe that way you could avoid having to tell him you've never kissed before, if you would be embarrassed. Better though if you got a friend who you trusted enough to tell (doesn't have to be a guy, I suppose).

Interestingly, the girl I'm going out with tonight does acting. Okay that was a (less than subtle) way of getting a mention of the fact that I'm finally going out with a girl I've been interested in since Xmas (yay!). Don't know how I would feel about a girlfriend kissing another guy on stage. It probably wouldn't bother me since it's not as if she's cheating. But I make films anyway, so it would probably be me telling her to do it lol. If you do get upset seeing it, it's just a testiment to her acting abilities. :D
  • Options

:eek:

Talk about one step too far. :yeees: