Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

woohoo kitchen!!

Wooo! My kitchen is finally fitted and stocked up! Its all black and red and soooo sexy. Its the kinda kitchen you just wanna and a romp in. I even have a dishwasher!!! :hyper: :yippe:

Things have been happening so quickly since I moved house and things are shaping up to my perfect flat. My living room is all oldy english in cream and deep red, with lee enfield riffles over the "fire place" (its really a raidiator with a shelf lol)

The only problem is that I have to share with 3 other girls I dont know (who dont talk to me) and over the next couple of weeks another 3 will be moving in. Oh and the crappy flat mate I had before has gone. All girlies now...which is odd since I havent lived with girls since I was 15. At least I know things will be clean, as they tiny everything as soon as they've used in/been in the room for 5 seconds

This thread might be really boring to some of you but I'm so exited about it I just had to share:D

I dont have any pics at the mo but will do at some point later today
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds nice, I want a new kitchen. I dont need one, but I want one, maybe I should go pull a cupboard door off or something :chin:
  • Options
    You can get a fairly cheep one form ikea (where I got mine)
  • Options
    you're kitchen sounds SO nice. i love ikea, i think i may have a little stroll round at some point over the weekend. the kiddies section with the cute beds always makes me kinda wish i had a kid just so i could do up the room!
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    the kiddies section with the cute beds always makes me kinda wish i had a kid just so i could do up the room!

every time i take mr. kaff to ikea he goes down the slide into the kids bit. last time he couldn't cause there was a wee boy on it. he wasn't impressed.

kitchen sounds fab, zella. i'd love a new kitchen, but we have more pressing houshold needs, and not enough moolah to attend to them both :(

ah well, at least in a couple of months i will have a pimpy bathroom :hyper:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Sounds nice, I want a new kitchen. I dont need one, but I want one, maybe I should go pull a cupboard door off or something :chin:

Me too.

Zella, yours sounds lush. Hope things start improving with your flatmates soon :)
  • Options
    I want a new kitchen.

I mean a whole new kitchen! Demolish mine and start again, it's so crap and MUCH MUCH too small!

So I guess what I'm saying is I want an extension, AND a new kitchen in it. Not much to ask really!
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Congrats on the kitchen Darlin' it's been a long time coming :)
  • Options
    Me and the girls kinda had a bonding moment about ten minutes ago cos the washing mashice has gone psycho and is banging, jumping and vibrating all over the place! :lol: Lots of laughing and eye contact, but no talking yet.
  • Options
    Maybe you could give us some background info - cos it's not makign a lot of snese to me.

You've bought a flat and renting out rooms to make the mortage??

I assume you aint renting a place cos you don't normally buy a whole new kitchen for a place you rent?

Or is this one of thise things where ou buy with strangers (like onthat TV programme) .. don't get it :chin:
  • Options
    nowt like a good bit of banging to sort a few girls out all at once
  • Options
    ooo cant wait for the pics :D we finally have a big kitchen
  • Options
    Maybe you could give us some background info - cos it's not makign a lot of snese to me.

You've bought a flat and renting out rooms to make the mortage??

I assume you aint renting a place cos you don't normally buy a whole new kitchen for a place you rent?

Or is this one of thise things where ou buy with strangers (like onthat TV programme) .. don't get it :chin:
    I moved house with my parents over the summer. My mum and dad are living downstairs in a disability friendly "flat" cos my mum isnt as mobile as she used to be and needs to be on one level. I live upstairs, with what will soon be 5 other girls. We are in the process of converting the house into two seperate flats but have to do all the conversions like kitchen, bathroom ect before we can seperate them cos of planning permission loop hole. We cant afford to do it all at once so its gonna be spread out over a few years. my parents are renting out every available room so they can afford to pay the morgage and get the work done.

So at the mo it is two seperate flats but to get upstairs we have to go through my mum and dads front door to get to our flat.
  • Options
    Wow, that's just so cool.

It's like having the best of both worlds.

You've got your own place but your parents are also near for times when you're hungry ... :)

Only downside is, if they officially split the place don't that mean you pay two loads of council tax, need two TV Liecenses, etc?