Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hair advice before i make a huge mistake

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
would i be taking a big risk putting a light brown dye through my very blond hair that i have been dying for more than ten years?
i figure it wont go hugely dark because my hair so light and pourous because of the amount of dye and it will probably get lighter the more i wash it.
any advice? im in the mood for change. im getting to a point where i think bugger it whats the worst that can happen but i have done that before and been a sorry lass :razz:

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i'd suggest getting a consultation from the hairdressers, without seeing you hair, i cant see how damaged it is from colouring (no offence hun) and i cant see the colour you're wanting to change it to. many hairdressers do consultations for free, so just ask, and remember you're under no obligation to actually get it done there, but i would suggest that you do. any big change should really be done at the hairdressers...not that i do that, but then you open yourself up to major appearance issues :p
  • Options
    I did that to mine, and it went grey. So i dyed it back and tried a fairly dark brown and my hair still went light grey, but you could always try it, and have an emergancy bottle of hair dye just incase it doesn't work out cause everyones hair is different and what not.
  • Options
    i did it i just went for it, thought what the hell. after it was on i had my doubts but it was too late. its actually came out a nice colour and not too dark. still a bit strange since i have been blonde for years and years but i think i like it.

thanks
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    wee wuman wrote:
    i did it i just went for it, thought what the hell. after it was on i had my doubts but it was too late. its actually came out a nice colour and not too dark. still a bit strange since i have been blonde for years and years but i think i like it.

thanks
    aaahh im glad it went well, send us a pic if you can!
  • Options
    My sister is a hairdresser, and she did mine for me! ive been bleeching my hair for years and wanted go brown, but she said to do it without ruining my hair id have to go red first to put some pigment back in my hair (or something like that), then after about a week she put a semi-perminent brown on, washed it off then straight away put on a permanent brown. apparently if oyu go straight from bleech blonde to brown your hair can either turn green or pink!
  • Options
    i just dyed my hair too :) did it purpley red about a month ago and got bored of it really quickly so bought myself some dark brown today :)

although i just did it and its turned out virtually black!! not exactly what i had in mind but i really like it :)