Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trust issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yes, as all of you who have read any previous posts by me in this forum are probably aware, i have some major trust issues with my gf.
Well she's gone out tonight to a party with one of her mates, aparently its a 6th form party organised by the school/college that her mate goes to.
I just cant help wondering what shes getting up to but i know i shouldnt be.
It's like im having an argument with my own brain.. 1st it says 'she could be doing anything..wonder who shes sat with..etc..' then the other side of my brain says 'she loves you...shes with you....why would she cheat?..etc..' then the 1st side just argues what ifs. this is really annoying me as i dont want to be accusing her when i see her next i just want to put my mind at rest. grr! :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Why are you with her if you keep on having thoughts like this?
  • Options
    because i love her and deep down i dont think she would cheat on me, shes not really that type of girl..quite quiet, pretty shy to people she doesnt know
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Yes, as all of you who have read any previous posts by me in this forum are probably aware, i have some major trust issues with my gf.
    Well she's gone out tonight to a party with one of her mates, aparently its a 6th form party organised by the school/college that her mate goes to.
    I just cant help wondering what shes getting up to but i know i shouldnt be.
    It's like im having an argument with my own brain.. 1st it says 'she could be doing anything..wonder who shes sat with..etc..' then the other side of my brain says 'she loves you...shes with you....why would she cheat?..etc..' then the 1st side just argues what ifs. this is really annoying me as i dont want to be accusing her when i see her next i just want to put my mind at rest. grr! :mad:

Keep yourself busy, go out with your mates, or something. When you get like this it's important to not sit there and dwell on things. I've always found that being around other people helps, go down the pub, a mates house, whatever, just keep your mind of her for the night.

However, this is fine everytime you start feeling like this, as a quick fix, but there is no doubt a deeper problem that you need to address, whether it's a problem with you and your insecurities or whether she is doing something that causes this worry. Either way only you and her can get to the bottom of it, so you both need to sit down and talk about things.

Hope you have a good evening anyway! :)
  • Options
    i dont know what it is, ive never had this problem with anyone else before..but then ive never really cared about anyone else ive had a relationship with before...
  • Options
    the problem with being in love, is it can bring up posessive and insecure streaks, but you cant let it take over - seriously.
  • Options
    it would just help to know im not the only one who feels like this and has these sort of thoughts. Anyone else with a partner who treats them well and is trustworthy but still gets these types of feeling?
  • Options
    imo, you can't have a relationship without trust.

you say you love her, but you clearly don't trust her.
  • Options
    imo, you can't have a relationship without trust.

you say you love her, but you clearly don't trust her.
    thanks. thats erm..helpful :yeees:
    Yes i do have trust issues but its not that i dont trust her, i just get images in my head of things she could possibly be doing and it bugs the hell out of me.
    I do have trust for her, its just when im not around her i get paranoid...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    it would just help to know im not the only one who feels like this and has these sort of thoughts. Anyone else with a partner who treats them well and is trustworthy but still gets these types of feeling?

Yeah i get like that sometimes, i used to stay in whilst he was out and worry, mostly when out in town drinking, which used to worry me alot. I trust him though and i know where your coming from with the two sides arguing. Deep down i know he wouldn't do that and vise versa, i think it's just a natural thing to worry about it though especially if it's happened in the past. Hedoes text me all night so i know he's safe which helps.
    I now try to go out when he does so i have something to take my mind off things, it helps alot.
  • Options
    know what... my gf is great to me and puts up with a hell of a lot but yet i think shit like this. im just going to ignore anything my head says from now on because it is most likely wrong.
  • Options
    Next week go on a lads night out!
  • Options
    its not even a girls night out shes on (thats tommorrow) she was just at a party..and was home for half 11.. i just feel like shit for doubting her really as she is fantastic!
  • Options
    Our heads fuck with us....it's natural...just try not to dwell on it all the time
  • Options
    Hi Icey,

I know you've mentioned this problem before, but I can't remember what people said in the previous threads, so sorry if this has already been suggested...

I reckon what you need is to have a conversation with your girlfriend about what is cheating etc., and whether it would mean the end of a relationship - not as an accusatory 'I don't trust you' thing, but just a normal 'what is your opinion on this' chat - and in all probabilities her replies will put your mind at rest...and maybe even find out she's as paranoid as you!

I've never had any trust issues with my boyfriend - just as well, since we were long distance for so long - but I think my trust of him has been solidified by the fact that I know exactly what he thinks on cheating. i.e. he thinks very strongly that instead of going behind a partner's back, if something in the relationship was going pear-shaped and someone else had caught his eye, he'd be open about it and end the relationship. He considers kissing cheating and enough reason to split up. He has also said (when asked by a friend, who asked us all the question) that he's never cheated himself.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    thanks. thats erm..helpful :yeees:
    Yes i do have trust issues but its not that i dont trust her, i just get images in my head of things she could possibly be doing and it bugs the hell out of me.
    I do have trust for her, its just when im not around her i get paranoid...

well sorry but to me, that shows that you don't trust her!