Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hairdresser rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now, I love going to the hairdressers but, is it just me, or do you want to scream when you get home and try to get yourself ready to go out or something?

Every hairdresser I've been too dries my hair forward over my face, covering half my eyes and everything. I can't stand hair in my face but they ALWAYS do it.... I often wonder if they're trying to tell me something!!

And their bloody mirrors... I swear they're rigged to make people look pale or fat or something.... you can pick out all your flaws in a hairdressers mirror... except for flaws with your hair!

Comments

• Options
    I just hate leaving the hairdressers. My hair feels all made up and the rest of me feels skanky. Strange.
  • Options
    Exactly! I'm running around now, trying to make the rest of me look as good... can't find my eyeliner though :grump:
  • Options
    Rough up your hair a bit :p
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Rough up your hair a bit :p

Attempting. Also trying to get it OUT OF MY FACE :mad: It drives me mental...
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Attempting. Also trying to get it OUT OF MY FACE :mad: It drives me mental...
    grab the straighteners and sort the front out a bit! or pin a bit back.
    i have notcied how your roots always look much worse when they lift up your hair...and you think oh my god, ive been walking around like that! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean. When the hairdresser does mine. Yeah it looks pretty but it seems so fly-away and just...GAH.
  • Options
    ask them to dry it differently?

yeh i tend to notice that most hairdressers have 'truth' mirrors. not the best of things to be looking at for an hour!
  • Options
    when i got my hair cut at toni and guy the once they did something crazy with it. liked it for all of ten seconds, been growing out ever since.
    contrarily, my hairdresser at home styles my hair exactly the way i want it and always seems to know what i'm talking about.. and she's only a junior stylist?!

don't you think, your hair looks great and feels gorge and soft when you leave the hairdressers, then, when you wash it yourself and attempt to style it, it just doesn't quite work the same?

I've learnt my lesson with hairdressing mirrors and trowl on some under-eye concealer and lots of powder, then i don't mind staring at my face for like twenty minutes when I go. :p
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Every hairdresser I've been too dries my hair forward over my face, covering half my eyes and everything. I can't stand hair in my face but they ALWAYS do it.... I often wonder if they're trying to tell me something!!
    :lol: