Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

3 days seems so long...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just need a rant sorry, I have nobobody else to rant too since I"ve alreay whined to the parents and the man gets home and says, oh what hav eyou been doing all day, not at work, playing on the computer and crying? It seems worhtsles..
I was on for a few years Paxil 37.5 CR tabs. Not too long ago they started effecting me in a bad way. They made me feel great before, but then just shitty. I'd go from happy to crying to screaming and throwing things with no warning and no reason. So I went to the Dr. and they've been taking me off the Paxil now for about a month. When I went to 20mg (not CR or anything) it was fine. My OCD started kicking in a little but thats all. Now for nearly 2 weeks I've been on 10. Everything is so hard to do. It took me a week just to get up the courage to call my dentist. Now today I couldn't even go to work. I just layed in bed till 2pm. I couldn't do anything. I just feel so bad. I can't do anything. I don't even want to see my fiance... I know so many people don't believe meds work, but I don't care and I dont want to hear it here. I"ve tried so hard the last month. Its just so impossible seeming to last even a couple more days.

Comments

• Options
    i didnt even know you could get Paxil as 37.5CR. Ive never seen it at work, well Seroxat as its called here. We have that dose in Effexor.

Anyhow, if you're reducing dosages that could cause side effects and surely then the 10mg is too low? if 37.5 is giving you bad side effects and the 20 isnt good enough and the 10 is worse then its time to get off it and try something else.

You say youve been on it years so theres another reason for it not working as effective anymore too.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    i didnt even know you could get Paxil as 37.5CR. Ive never seen it at work, well Seroxat as its called here. We have that dose in Effexor.

Anyhow, if you're reducing dosages that could cause side effects and surely then the 10mg is too low? if 37.5 is giving you bad side effects and the 20 isnt good enough and the 10 is worse then its time to get off it and try something else.

You say youve been on it years so theres another reason for it not working as effective anymore too.
    She's coming off Paxil (Seroxat/ Paroxetine) to go on to Effexor (Venalfaxine).
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    She's coming off Paxil (Seroxat/ Paroxetine) to go on to Effexor (Venalfaxine).

:yes: Coming off it, though I don't know now whether I'll switch to Effexor or not, because of the stories and what I've read. Thinking about it I've theres no drugs I've read about that has a general idea that its good. :p I just needed a rant, sorry. Its been so tough the last couple days being on 10. Impossible it seems like. And once I star something difdferent it will take time then too. I'm just... I dont know, confused, whatever, I can'tthink of a word...

I'ts been bad before. This bad, even worese, when there was no meds. How I can't even go to a job that requires me to sit there and play on the site for 8 hours... that seems just pathetic... I know its so close, close to being back to normal, it just seems so far away too. I thought I'd be able to do it, to make it, at least try to, but today... well I couldn't... :\ And theres still a while left...
    Sorry for being a little annoying pussy bitch
  • Options
    Aw, you're not annoying, we wuv u x. You're the site's american brit mascot and we all want you to be healthy and happy. When is your next appointment with the doc?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    :yes: Coming off it, though I don't know now whether I'll switch to Effexor or not, because of the stories and what I've read. Thinking about it I've theres no drugs I've read about that has a general idea that its good. :p I just needed a rant, sorry. Its been so tough the last couple days being on 10. Impossible it seems like. And once I star something difdferent it will take time then too. I'm just... I dont know, confused, whatever, I can'tthink of a word...

I'ts been bad before. This bad, even worese, when there was no meds. How I can't even go to a job that requires me to sit there and play on the site for 8 hours... that seems just pathetic... I know its so close, close to being back to normal, it just seems so far away too. I thought I'd be able to do it, to make it, at least try to, but today... well I couldn't... :\ And theres still a while left...
    Sorry for being a little annoying pussy bitch
    You might as well try Effexor- it might really help you. And if it doesn't work out you can come off it again.
  • Options
    Different drugs can be helpful, but you only hear the bad reports.
  • Options
    So going from the low dose of this one, when they switch me over would it be common practice to put me on an equally low dose of the other one to get used to it? If I ask, whats the likelyhood they will just put me, not on my normal dose, but at least one 2x as high as now?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    So going from the low dose of this one, when they switch me over would it be common practice to put me on an equally low dose of the other one to get used to it? If I ask, whats the likelyhood they will just put me, not on my normal dose, but at least one 2x as high as now?
    Depends largely on what you go onto. When I changed to Effexor I started a low dose and build it up.
  • Options
    I was thinking, since I'm already on 10mg of one, I don't see the problem of going back up to the equlivent of 20 on another, but then again, thats why I'm not a Dr. I can't do it another week or 2 like this. Deep breaths, yes.

Random question, does Effexor effect sexualness? I know everyother one I have does :\
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I was thinking, since I'm already on 10mg of one, I don't see the problem of going back up to the equlivent of 20 on another, but then again, thats why I'm not a Dr. I can't do it another week or 2 like this. Deep breaths, yes.

Random question, does Effexor effect sexualness? I know everyother one I have does :\
    I don't think you can compare the doses in mg... a low dose of one drug might be say 50mg whereas 50mg could be an extremely high dose of another drug.

I was an Effexor this summer and had loads of great sex. We found my G-spot for the time whilst in a library- it was awesome. :thumb:

Are you going to the doctor tomorrow?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I don't think you can compare the doses in mg... a low dose of one drug might be say 50mg whereas 50mg could be an extremely high dose of another drug.

I was an Effexor this summer and had loads of great sex. We found my G-spot for the time whilst in a library- it was awesome. :thumb:

Are you going to the doctor tomorrow?

I ment something like that, like whatever the 20mg would be, that equlivent strength of the other... I make no sense.
    Later today actually to the Dr., thank god.
    Thanks for your help :)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I ment something like that, like whatever the 20mg would be, that equlivent strength of the other... I make no sense.
    Later today actually to the Dr., thank god.
    Thanks for your help :)
    Good luck at the doctor :)

Let us know how you get on
  • Options
    Should I be feeling barfy sick to my stomache after only one day of change, or is that just a weird coincidence. Its been a couple years since I've last had a change so I dont remember.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Should I be feeling barfy sick to my stomache after only one day of change, or is that just a weird coincidence. Its been a couple years since I've last had a change so I dont remember.
    What are you on now honey?
  • Options
    37.5 of Effexor for a week, then she gave me 50 for 3 weeks.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    37.5 of Effexor for a week, then she gave me 50 for 3 weeks.
    It made me feel sick within minutes of my first dose. And stomach things are really common but should settle down.

It's good they are starting you on such a low dose- they tried to start me on 75mg which was awful so after a few days they put it down to 37.5mg (I don't think they come in 50mg tablets here)... then they put it up gradually until I was on 225mg a day.
  • Options
    your right, it is the 75, i cant think today :p