Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Partner stressing you out!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My gf is really pissing me off at the moment...i want to phone her but i know it will only end up as an argument very quickly.

What do you do in this situation to calm down?

Comments

• Options
    Read a book or sleep. Some annoying people say 'things always seem better in the morning'. They're usually right too. Damn them.
  • Options
    It's good to calm down before calling, but make sure you don't calm down too much as you still need to discuss the issue with her.
  • Options
    No need to discuss it, I'm sure if you ignore it it will go away. Or maybe that's why I'm single?
  • Options
    Phone a friend?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    No need to discuss it, I'm sure if you ignore it it will go away. Or maybe that's why I'm single?

Ignore problems and they don't go away they hide deep inside.

It's by keeping plenty of tiny problems and issues inside that with time
    all those issues add up and build up inside you until you can not
    take it anymore and a small new issue is the cherry on top of the cake that
    make the all relationship crash.

The main problem in most relationship is the lack of communication between partners, which leads to fustration, depression, unhappiness and singledom.
  • Options
    Why is she pissing you off this time?

I wouldn't ring when angry, but your relationship has issues that need resolving. You've basically said so in other threads. Either you resolve them, or you end it.

The advice doesn't get much simpler than that.
  • Options
    thanks for the advice guys, things were sorted pretty quickly with one phone call and it was just a petty little argument that escalated from both sides and turned into a slanging match. i posted straight afterwards so i was a little hot headed.
    I understand what you're saying Kermit but tbh most of the time when i've posted about some sort of problem its been right as soon as the problem has arisen and 10 minutes after posting the problem doesnt really seem like a problem anymore.
    I should just take a few minutes to calm down and look at the situation from a different angle before posting because most the time the problem is me taking things the wrong way and flying off the handle about them!
  • Options
    So why dont you stop calm down and think then after each problem...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    thanks for the advice guys, things were sorted pretty quickly with one phone call and it was just a petty little argument that escalated from both sides and turned into a slanging match. i posted straight afterwards so i was a little hot headed.
    I understand what you're saying Kermit but tbh most of the time when i've posted about some sort of problem its been right as soon as the problem has arisen and 10 minutes after posting the problem doesnt really seem like a problem anymore.
    I should just take a few minutes to calm down and look at the situation from a different angle before posting because most the time the problem is me taking things the wrong way and flying off the handle about them!

Maybe a bit of denial here though :p

It is easy to let a problem that keeps appearing seem un-apparent once you pass the heat of the moment.. have a think about what it is you argue about then 100% calmly and rationally put you point of view across to her and see the response ;p
  • Options
    icey wrote:

Fair enough, but if you're always having blazing rows, I'd say something was a little amiss.

I only know what you post though, and people don't post when everything is great:)