Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

missed opportunity

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how do you deal with missed opportunitys? like when if you actually acted quick enough, you could have had everything youve been thinking of for years, but you messed up, and got fuck all, and youre back to square fucking one.

ive been trying to get with this girl for ages, but im quite inexperienced, (which she knew), so i might need some extra effort. i know she still was very keen last week, dispite me messing up chances to get closer. recently we met up a few times, etc etc. but then yesterday i get a message sayin someones asked her out and she said yes! what the hell does she think ive been doing for the last month?! im in my 20s and never had a girlfriend, so when the one chance ive had in ages comes along and i divvy about, i get down about it.

i come across as being shy, which im not, its more that i dont know what to do, rather that havng a confidence issue.

ive pretty much put it in the big box marked 'missed opportunity'.

im not really asking for advice, i just needed to get it off my chest. im a bit drunk. thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    I know it might be hard but just go for it - if youthink it might already be a missed opportunity then what have you got to lose?! just send her a text/call her and directly ask her out - she may just be waiting for that move.

I've been in situations like this before - both on the recieving end and in your position. you'll be ok.
  • Options
    if you really feel like youve missed out on something special then youve got to tell her just be prepared for the worst possible outcome...like looking like a plonker!! you gotta ask if shes worth the risk!

just let her know that she means the world to you and how you keep thinking about her etc. and how you wish that she was with you not him girls love a bit of flattery
  • Options
    just let her know that she means the world to you and how you keep thinking about her etc. and how you wish that she was with you not him girls love a bit of flattery
    You kidding? That has never, in the history of the world, worked.
  • Options
    im also pretty sure we are past the age of asking someone if they would be your gf/bf

its more of a case of taking them for a drink or doing something to get to know each other better, before you claim ownership over each other, well before you know each other properly, inside out and all that [literally]
  • Options
    drumbeat wrote:
    im a bit drunk

There's your answer. BOOZE. Should help things to fall into place...

I sometimes think back to occasions where i've been sitting at train stations/bus stops etc and it's obvious the girl next to me would be taking her knickers off without a second thought if was to try it on. Playing with hair, asking me questions about trains etc to 'investigate' what i'm like etc...pity that only seems to happen when i'm tired and can't be bothered. :no: Pisses me off when there's an opportunity and i'm not in the right mood for it.
  • Options
    Shit happens, if you arse about you don't get nowt.

As for how you deal with it, you learn your lesson. I did that once, arsed about with a girl I was really into, and someone else got there first. It hurt. I didn't do it again.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Shit happens, if you arse about you don't get nowt.

As for how you deal with it, you learn your lesson. I did that once, arsed about with a girl I was really into, and someone else got there first. I didn't do it again.

and im sure GWST is very much the happier because of it :yes:
  • Options
    On missed opportunities - always endeavor to do something about the things that you can change. Those that you can't, you can't, so accept them and move on.
  • Options
    I've probably missed opportunities when people've been interested.
    Although I'm not sure if I'd call them opportunities, as I wasn't attracted to them in the first place, so wasn't missing out on owt. Dunno.
  • Options
    Bear missed opportunities in mind and use them as a catalyst to DO next time, not just think about it. :thumb:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Bear missed opportunities in mind and use them as a catalyst to DO next time, not just think about it. :thumb:

Yeah, and make sure you use past experiences as positive ones, no matter what the outcome! They all help in life, even the shite ones. :yes:
  • Options
    Ive had loads of missed opportunities. It completely fucks you up - well it did for me. Anyways. Just dont faff about, get in there innit.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think I've missed all of mine.
  • Options
    You live and learn, dwelling and regretting is useless.