Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

GPRS Settings

A few weeks ago, I got a new phone and had to sort out all of my settings. So I tried to set up GPRS and I kept getting told that they were imcomplete. I was given something to store my numbers on and to reset the phone - therefore, losing all the settings. I've just tried to download the settings again and still have the same problems. anyone know why?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What network and phone do you have ?

I had similar problems with my old 6230 and had to email a department within o2 to get help, some guy told me how to delete all settings from my phone and to re-install them, it worked in the end with a little more fighting.
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    What network and phone do you have ?

I had similar problems with my old 6230 and had to email a department within o2 to get help, some guy told me how to delete all settings from my phone and to re-install them, it worked in the end with a little more fighting.

I'm on O2 and I have aMotorola V220. I think I might go into the O2 shop (are they open on a Sunday?) and see what they have to say about this...
  • Options
    I'm on O2 and I have aMotorola V220. I think I might go into the O2 shop (are they open on a Sunday?) and see what they have to say about this...

Yes they should be open. If you take it into teh shop they can ( or at least used to be able to ) go onto teh o2 website and download the correct settings to your handset for you, which you can also do yourself via their website, I dont know if you knew that or not so i apologise if you did.

It might also be worth your while emailing, i forget who it is but i can check, and asking for the techys help with it, you will get far better help that way.
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    Yes they should be open. If you take it into teh shop they can ( or at least used to be able to ) go onto teh o2 website and download the correct settings to your handset for you, which you can also do yourself via their website, I dont know if you knew that or not so i apologise if you did.

I already knew about that last setence, thanks anyway.
    It might also be worth your while emailing, i forget who it is but i can check, and asking for the techys help with it, you will get far better help that way.

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    i believe the email for help with GPRS settings etc is O2DataSupport@O2.com. Get in touch with them, explain the problem and they'll give you a hand One message from them and my problem with GPRS was essentially sorted.

Inevitebly they'll probably tell you some info you already know, they always do lol