Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

a few questions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi i'm new :wave:

me and my boyfriend are talking about getting away to a hotel for the day on monday to just spend some time alone together. we've mentioned doing romantic stuff like sharing a bath together, massages etc.
so i'm just thinking, is it safe to take a bath together? is there a chance of getting pregnant if his penis comes into contact with my vagina in the water? i know sperm can't travel through water so i'm on about direct contact. is it the same for showers?
also, which condoms are the safest? theres so many brands and types to choose from!

It is a legal relationship btw, as i'm 17 before anyone asks. :)

thanks in advance x

Comments

• Options
    if you have sex in the bath, then yes, you might get pregnant. If you just ahve a bath together and wash each other etc, then no, you wont get pregnant.
  • Options
    if you have sex in the bath, then yes, you might get pregnant. If you just ahve a bath together and wash each other etc, then no, you wont get pregnant.
    we're not going to do it in the bath, so i'm safe even if we come into contact down there?
  • Options
    we're not going to do it in the bath, so i'm safe even if we come into contact down there?

Yep you are, it is not because your genitals are touching that you are having sex or that his sperm will just pop out and get into your vagina. As long as there
    is no penetration I think you are quite safe.

If penetration go for a condom tho cos even if he doesn't finish he doesn't mean a bit didn't came out.
  • Options
    And Hi and welcome to the board btw :wave:

Sorry forgot to say hi first in previous post.
  • Options
    hi i'm new :wave:
    also, which condoms are the safest? theres so many brands and types to choose from!
    If they are on sale in the UK you can be fairly confident that they are 'safe' as there are pretty strict laws here. You are better off with non-flavoured ones though for penetrative sex. Just pick whichever ones you fancy.

Welcome to the boards :wave: