Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Microgynon 30 pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I take the microgynon 30 pill, but im going on holiday to New York with my boyfriend when my 7 pill free days happen. I know it's ok to take 2 packs in succession, but I've been warned that spotting/ breakthrough bleeding can happen. Just wanted to know if many people have experienced this side effect?
Or if anyone has any other suggestions for delaying my period?

Don't want my pill free days to ruin my holiday!
thanks xx
:)

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I never had anything like that while I was on microgynon. However, everyone is different and the side effects I had may not necessarily be the side effects you have.
  • Options
    *star* wrote:
    I take the microgynon 30 pill, but im going on holiday to New York with my boyfriend when my 7 pill free days happen. I know it's ok to take 2 packs in succession, but I've been warned that spotting/ breakthrough bleeding can happen. Just wanted to know if many people have experienced this side effect?
    Or if anyone has any other suggestions for delaying my period?

Don't want my pill free days to ruin my holiday!
    thanks xx
    :)
    When I have taken two packs of the pill back to back (Marvelon not microgynon 30) I still got my period just a few days later than if I had taken the break as normal.
  • Options
    if i dont have a break i dont bleed
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    if i dont have a break i dont bleed

Me neither, i guess its different for everyone though. x
  • Options
    OK thanks for your help! :)
  • Options
    Tbh, I'd judge it by the way your body normally reacts to that brand of pill. When I was on Microgynon, my body was all over the place, I was gaining weight, my usually clear complexion was anightmare, with most spots/blackheads leaving scars... and if I put two packs together, I'd get spotting for the first couple of days and then my period would come...

Now I'm on Mercilon and my bodys alot happier... and I can run two packs with no problem. If you've had no problems with Microgynon, it might work out OK. That's not professional advice though, just experience :)
  • Options
    I never had anything like that while I was on microgynon. However, everyone is different and the side effects I had may not necessarily be the side effects you have.

Same here, i can take three packets in a row fine no problems.
  • Options
    I've run 2 packs together (microgynon 30)and never had spotting or breakthrough bleeding...

Ilora x
  • Options
    I wasn't on that pill, but on another one, and when I did that, the period came just as normal. Not spotting or anything, just bleeding for 5 days like every other period I've had.
  • Options
    I'm on the same pill as you and I've run packets together like that and not had any problems.