Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New Media laws...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Proposed British Media Laws

Does this sound like a positive step, or is it more Govt interference?

Comments

• Options
    The old rules seem better, why we should want even larger media companies is beyond me, Murdoch will buy a load more, we'll be getting more like Italy with Berlusconi pushing his agenda......
  • Options
    I think it's a bad idea. Having one big corporation is as bad as having government controlled media.
    Look at the USA, where you have a choice between maybe 2-3 large networks? ABC, NBC, Fox e.t.c. If you want news you have to choose between CNN, FOX, you get the idea I'm sure.
    I know there isn't any concrete evidence, but isn't it likely that instead of wanting to report the news, the corporations will simply be trying to boost ratings?
  • Options
    The whole concept, is surely to have a consumer market? However this proposed law surely abolishes that. I agree that we may end up like america. However as long as Tony Blair is George Bushj's lapdog then we will become more and more like the usa, wont we?