Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dry shaving

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
M-F I shave in the morning. I just do a quick run over in the shower and don't use shaving cream because I don't have time. I lotion after every time and on the weekends I do use shaving cream.

Am I hurting my skin by not using shaving cream 5/7 of the time?

Comments

• Options
    How can you not get a shaving rash or cut your legs to bits without using shaving gel?!
  • Options
    your not harming your skin unless you cut/graze yourself from razer drag
  • Options
    You can shave dry once in a while it doesn't matter.
    Use to do it all the time.
  • Options
    Depends on your skin surely.....i mean, i must have the skin of a new born or something cuz anything less than full foam and lotion and moisturiser leaves me lookin like i shaved with a brick....
  • Options
    i hardly ever use shaving cream. if the razors sharp you dont need to, but then the razor i use has that little lubricating strip.
  • Options
    I only using shaving gel when I shave under my arms I never use it on my legs I seem to get a closer shave without it.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I very rarely use shaving foam/gel whatever. I seem to manage fine without. If I use really cheap bic razors then I shred my legs to bits without any foam, but as i am using a decent blade then it is fine.
  • Options
    urgh, the thought of dry shaving my armpits!

no i wouldn't say you're damaging them...only if you can see some visible damage/dryness.
  • Options
    i never use foam. i epilate my legs et al these days, so the only razor action i get is my armpits. and they seem to get more irritated/rashy if i use foam than if i don't.
  • Options
    I'm cheap so i always just use the shower gel.
  • Options
    urgh, the thought of dry shaving my armpits!

no i wouldn't say you're damaging them...only if you can see some visible damage/dryness.

The thought of dry shaving full stop! Won't do any damage but you might be more prone to cutting yourself without it.
  • Options
    she did say she did it in the shower, so thats not what i class as dry shaving tbh. thats just wet shaving but without foam.
  • Options
    she did say she did it in the shower, so thats not what i class as dry shaving tbh. thats just wet shaving but without foam.

Ok good point still couldn't shave without using foam or something.