Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how often?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how often do you see your boyfriend-girlfriends i only get to see the lad im seeing about twice a week and id like it to be sometimes more, not all the time but it would be nice to see him, thing is he always makes an excuse, like got no money or going out with his mate etc. to be honest its mainly this that makes me think hes seeing other girls

is it just me being too clingy or have i got a valid point that we dont meet enough?

Comments

• Options
    i'm lucky to see my boyfriend a few days a month
  • Options
    how often do you see your boyfriend-girlfriends i only get to see the lad im seeing about twice a week and id like it to be sometimes more, not all the time but it would be nice to see him, thing is he always makes an excuse, like got no money or going out with his mate etc. to be honest its mainly this that makes me think hes seeing other girls

is it just me being too clingy or have i got a valid point that we dont meet enough?

i think it depends on your age and how serious your relationship with this guy is, im guessing you're quite young so i dont think it that unbelievable that he's seeing his mates, the money thing depends on what money has to do with it, do you live far away from each other that he would need money to get over to yours? maybe you could speak to him about getting a lift from his parents so that you could see each other a bit more?
    or you could go and see him? then money cant be his excuse.
  • Options
    Twice a week is loads. I only see my gf once every two or three weeks while I'm at uni.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    I see him whenever we can, which is ususally 3/4 times a week, it can be difficult at times, as he works the early shift at work, and I'm at college whilst he's working, when he gets back home I'm still in college, when I get out of college, he's in bed.
    i thought you and your bf broke up? :confused:
  • Options

if it's a new relationship then i think twice a week is a lot. i think you should just chill out and let things happen in their own time. as the relationship progresses you will see each other more.
  • Options
    he always makes an excuse, like got no money
    Do you charge him then? Maybe your rates are too high :razz:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    if it's a new relationship then i think twice a week is a lot. i think you should just chill out and let things happen in their own time. as the relationship progresses you will see each other more.
    :yes: i agree with that twice a week is alot in a new relationship. The girl/women i'm seeing atm, we've been talking for just over a month and a half now, but only seeing each other for two week. we meet up twice a week but txt each other or msn everyday. even if its a quick "how was your day today?"
    We're taking things slow atm as we were both badly hurt last year. But hoping that things work out between us. she finds it weird that i like her due to all the piercing shes got (i dont think thats she got "that" many), but always have had a thing for pierced women.
  • Options
    I see my boyfriend every day, cause he lives with me, but when we first got together for a good 3/4 months we only saw each other two or three times a week which was probably about the right amount, but what ever works for you kind of thing, although there is a problem if it's bothering you and it would be best to talk about it and for you to explain that you maybe sometimes need a little bit more out of the relationship and gauge it from there.
  • Options
    i used to see my ex about twice a week. sometimes more, sometimes less. i was busy with uni/work and friends and he was busy with work and stuff so we saw eachother when we could. and that was fine with me! if i saw him any extra it was nice, but it'd ruin it if i saw him more i think.
  • Options
    Hmmm this thread has made me think about my last relationship...we were together for 3 months and saw each other every other night pretty much from the first date. At the time I didnt think this was particularly a lot but reading peoples replies has made me think maybe it is...? Although I think new couples tend to see each other all the time when they first start dating and as the relationship progresses it calms down a bit.
  • Options
    Yeah, when i first got with my girlfriend we saw each other every other day, sometimes everyday. Now i see her at weekends, when i come back from uni. I think we saw each other so much at the start because we knew we could then, and in a few weeks we wouldn't be able to because i'd be moving back.
  • Options
    Special_K wrote:
    Although I think new couples tend to see each other all the time when they first start dating and as the relationship progresses it calms down a bit.
    sometimes its quite the opposite
  • Options
    I see him every day and every night. When we first started dating, it was the same. From the day I met him, we spent the weekend together. I'd go back to my appt after work and get more clothes and such to last me a few more days and head back over. We dated about 3 months before we moved in together and there was only 3 days I spent at my own place, and that was when my mom and grandma came to visit.
  • Options
    um..i see my gf nearly every day! aparantly thats odd compared to the rest of the posters in this thread :s
  • Options
    When I was with my ex I saw him about 2/3 times a week... we lasted 2 and a half years.
  • Options
    I see my boyfriend everyday, but thats cos we live togeher :yes: In fact we have lived together since day 1, as we were housemates at uni when we got together. The only times at uni we did not see each other daily, was during uni hols...which we spent 200 miles apart :crying: No such problems now :D
  • Options
    Every one of my relationships have been different. I say go with the flow but dont pressure him about it......you'll lose him babe. It's best to keep that 'hard to get' essence, not too much but make him do a little bit of the chasing. It can be hard but you will get the benefits. Just dont over do things.
  • Options
    few times a week .. usually 3 or 4