Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Download

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Tickets for Download go on sale this friday! Im really really tempted to go this year. Never been to download before. Got a feeling all the festys are gonna sellout quickly this year cos glastonburys not on, but only 3 bands have been announced, but its generally always shit-hot from what i can see from previous lineups.
is it worth waiting to see the lineup before buying tickets and risking them selling out like half the other fests did last year?
Anyone else thinking about it?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    have a look on various websites, they almost always have rumour sites, you might get an idea of who's playing. I wanna go to download this year, or maybe reading/leeds.. if i can maybe sell a kidney on ebay or something. :D
  • Options
    i went to download last year instead of leeds because leeds sold out :(
    imo download was better run than leeds and the facilities were a lot better. definately gets a thumbs up from me!
  • Options
    Ive been to Reading, V and guilfest before and as usual, I am just desperate to go to all of them.
    Lineup as per www.efestivals.co.uk looks promising so far
  • Options
    prodigy is headlining download this year so i realllly want to go!!
  • Options
    Woah, I've just seen that! I'd only want to go for The Prodigy though, the rest of the music isn'y my cup of tea...
  • Options
    Jeez...just seems like yesterday the festivel season was over and now we're talking about it again.

Download has a good rep..too expensive though for me to go....travelling and shit like that...we've got some of the best festivels in the UK anyway.

Seen Prodigy last year...amazing live.
  • Options
    Tickets go quickly because of ebay touts. Scum.

If you're after bands, wait. If you're after experience, don't.

I'd quite like to go to a fest this year, but I don't think I will.
  • Options
    Reading > Leeds its def worth the travel...

i havent been to download either id love to go this year but i have no cash atm :(

might have to be reading... when do those go on sale? think i got mine in like april the time i went
  • Options
    pjharvey wrote:
    prodigy is headlining download this year so i realllly want to go!!
    theyre also headlining Isle of wight festival, same weekend/
  • Options
    Who goes to festivels to see bands anyway...well maybe one or two but the main reason is to take copius amounts of drink and drugs and to meet anonymous people and have the time of your life. Campsite experience is unreal!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Who goes to festivels to see bands anyway...well maybe one or two but the main reason is to take copius amounts of drink and drugs and to meet anonymous people and have the time of your life. Campsite experience is unreal!
    yeah that too, but ive done festivals without drugs, and whilst not quite the same, its still good and decent bands top the experience off nicely/.
  • Options
    the only problem if you go to download is that you'll have to come and visit me. and i cant say its always a pleasant experience
  • Options
    I'm buying a ticket to download this year :D. Unfortunetly not for me. For my boyfriends 18th, he wanted to go last year but couldn't afford it. This year he had a choice between going there, or having a laptop bought for him... he chose the laptop, so I tried to secretly pay for that for his birthday.... goddamn autofill forms on XP... he went on google and saw I'd been looking :(

Made his day though :D
  • Options
    I want to go I want to go!!!

But I also want to go to the Exit festival which is in Serbia and looks stunning (err plus there is the slight matter of me not actually having ANY money at all)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Seen Prodigy last year...amazing live.

Yeah I saw Prodigy live last year...

Best live performance I have ever seen! Was a blinder of a night!

I was thinking of going to the Isle of wight festival, but its a bit of a mission!

Got a couple of mates going to download this year, but I already have lots of things on this year already so I dunno if I will have the time / money!
  • Options
    I think Prodigy are a bit shite, really.

I want to go to T in the Park this year- RHCP and The Who to headline, Kaiser Chiefs as well. Should be a cracker.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I think Prodigy are a bit shite, really.

I want to go to T in the Park this year- RHCP and The Who to headline, Kaiser Chiefs as well. Should be a cracker.
    I want to go to that more than any of them, and its my birthday weekend.
    Im like this every fucking year. cant make up my mind which to go to. T is so far away tho/.
  • Options
    My brother and hos girlf are going to download :grump: . I cant go because its the weekend before my final exams, at least I have the foo fighters hyde park gig the weekend after.
  • Options
    Omg we so have to have a thesite meet at download:hyper:
  • Options
    Guns N Roses - ewwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Options
    How can you spurn the greatness that is Guns N Roses..........

All that hair.

Oh gawd I want to go - hummmmm
  • Options
    i might go work at leeds festival again
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    How can you spurn the greatness that is Guns N Roses..........

All that hair.

Oh gawd I want to go - hummmmm

cuz his voice is annoying?

plus its not guns n roses, its fat old man axl and his new friends.
  • Options
    I've only ever been camping once in my life but quite enjoyed it - wasn't at a festival though.

How does it work? I'd want to drive there in my car and maybe go with 2 or 3 friends all inthe same car.

Do you pay per person or per car load?

What sort of prices are we talking about?

Can you park near your tent?
  • Options
    Each person has to get a weekend ticket, and a camping ticket. For Download this year its about £130

You also have to pay about £10 for parking, which is quite a way from the camping area, so you have to walk with all your stuff, queue, then walk some more once your allowed in to find the camping spot you want.

So cars are away from camping area, except if you takle a camper van in which case they have a special section for those.

Well thats what its like at Download anyways :)